• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Reader's Digest

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Reader's Digest"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    He must have missed your LEJOG blog pub crawl
    Now that was a better story.

The pic I sent to RD was a LeJog one.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    He must have missed your LEJOG blog pub crawl

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    That is a whole new way of outing yourself. Even identifying suity required a quick google search.
    Pretty sure I've posted incriminating evidence before.

Not overly paranoid - maybe I should be! I just don't want anyone googling me to land on my CUK profile!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That is a whole new way of outing yourself. Even identifying suity required a quick google search.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    It's up. Don't get too excited.

New Story Every Day! - Reader's Digest Main - Readers Digest

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Ah, yes: "I am John's Prostate", "I am Jane's Liver" and so forth: the structure, function, and failure modes of your body's organs explained by the organs themselves, speaking in the first person.

They were my favourite articles
    Sounds like it would make a good CUK feature.

I am doodab's bowels
    I am Stek's right hand
    I am MarillionFan's ego

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    When I was a little lizard, I read a Reader's Digest article with the title "John's Prostate".

Scared the living tulip out of me.
    Ah, yes: "I am John's Prostate", "I am Jane's Liver" and so forth: the structure, function, and failure modes of your body's organs explained by the organs themselves, speaking in the first person.

They were my favourite articles

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    100 word story with a boat, socks, unicorn and religon??? Sounds like AtW's tax return.
    Which is curiously identical to Kent Philip's online dating profile.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by corndog
    Spot on.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It's a 100 word story so hardly a literary masterpiece. It features a boat, socks, a unicorn and religion. I'll post a link when they put it up.
    100 word story with a boat, socks, unicorn and religon??? Sounds like AtW's tax return.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    It's a 100 word story so hardly a literary masterpiece. It features a boat, socks, a unicorn and religion. I'll post a link when they put it up.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Laughter is the best medicine

deffo

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    What's it about? Did you just cut and paste some ramblings from CUK and dress it up as 'confessions of a psychiatric nurse' or something?
    It's a story about a man wandering through a churchyard at night who saw a were rabbit digging up a skull.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Reader's Digest want to publish a story that I entered for a competition.
    What's it about? Did you just cut and paste some ramblings from CUK and dress it up as 'confessions of a psychiatric nurse' or something?

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Our doctor removed all toys and magazines during the swineflu epidemic to prevent spreading of germs - they've never been returned.
    I think our doctor still has issues from around the time of the foot and mouth epidemic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X