• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "80th Birthday pressie ideas."

Collapse

• MadDawg
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    He already has around 10 of the blighters.
    Trouble is he's a hoarder
    take him out for the day - Beaulieu Motor museum or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A nice barometer?
    He already has around 10 of the blighters.
    Trouble is he's a hoarder

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    A nice barometer?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    He IS the Messiah!
    And a very naughty boy.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Is your father a virgin too?
    He is. And my mother's the virgin mary
    He IS the Messiah!

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    He is. And my mother's the virgin mary

Leave a comment:

• Power Mortgages Ltd
    replied
    80 individual items beginning with the letter his name starts with?

You can include some nice/useful gifts but depending on what his name is, it may be quite difficult to find 80 separate items all starting with his initial, especially if he is called Zach or Xavier!

Did this for my grandfather when I was younger and it was quite fun coming up with all the ideas too. Of course there were a few really strange smaller gifts like teabags (his name began with T), toothpaste, toothpicks and toilet rolls which are hardly traditional birthday presents but still useful none the less and worked well to complement the theme with some of the bigger/nicer gifts we also got him.

The idea is to not tell them there is 80 gifts and that they all start with the same letter and see how long it takes for them to realise and work it out.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    A radio controlled sailing boat.
    Good idea. thanks.

For my brother's 30th I got a radio controlled tank that fired real projectiles. He took it into the office where he was working, and made a misery of the cleaners. Who had to hoover up said projectiles at the end of the day..

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Selection Box of bits of wood that might come in useful and a Compendium of bits of good string?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    His interests mainly revolve around sailing instruction, although he's packed that in now.
    A radio controlled sailing boat.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    That's not very cheerful!
    No but very practical and thoughtful and can't argue it will be useful.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Open a funeral bond for him with a tenner and put the statement in his card...

Funeral Plans - Legal & General
    That's not very cheerful!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Open a funeral bond for him with a tenner and put the statement in his card...

Funeral Plans - Legal & General

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    For my mum's 80th, we made a 'memories' book, where we asked friends and family to write about something nice about her or that they remembered doing with her.
    People really got into it, sending pages of stuff and photographs, which made a really nice album.
    We did something similar for my granddad - we also got a load of old cine films converted to video for him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X