• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "40th Birthday pressie ideas."

Collapse

• rambaugh
    replied
    Here is a great birthday idea for your mate.

Snorkelling with sharks at SEA LIFE aquarium.

Costs only £125.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Cheers all.

I like the personalised ale idea. I think he's done too many track days already, although it might be a nice trip down memory lane. His Mrs is already sorting a party etc and there are plenty of regular meet ups for beer/curry throughout the year.

Still leaning towards R2D2 or Helicopter lesson.
    I got given glamping vouchers for my 40th and had a fine old time. Mind you I do like camping, but this is substantually less hardcore that real camping.

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    Had a lot of fun doing this recently which is where they hosted the Olympics rafting. It's under budget so you you still have £100 to do something else as well:

Lee Valley White Water Centre - white water rafting, canoeing and kayaking at the host venue to London 2012 canoe slalom event

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    How about a tank driving lesson?
    I've always fancied one of those.
    had A ride in an APC - great fun!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Personally i would like it if someone bought me tickets to the Ashes for my birthday ...

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    How about a tank driving lesson?
    I've always fancied one of those.

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    Cheers all.

I like the personalised ale idea. I think he's done too many track days already, although it might be a nice trip down memory lane. His Mrs is already sorting a party etc and there are plenty of regular meet ups for beer/curry throughout the year.

Pint of ale on the while riding the helicopter.

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Hubby's 50th next week. Haven't a clue what to get him - he's not sociable, and doesn't much like moving from his armchair unless it's to watch footie. (He's already got season ticket). The 'experience day' voucher his family got him for his 40th never got used. I shall watch this thread with interest...
    Lady Marmalade's parties have a lot going for them, in central london.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Nuru massage? Prices_here

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Cheers all.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Massive lego R2D2, although since he has a young lad doubtful he'd find the time to put the 3K bits together.
    I got a Lego Mindstorms for my birthday. It's bloody awesome fun programming the thing to do some wacky stuff.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    A year's subscription to cuk?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    NSFW (if you click on the link)

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    punternet.com

depending where he lives £150 might even get him 2 hours!
    Na, flatrate is where its at now

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Hubby's 50th next week. Haven't a clue what to get him - he's not sociable, and doesn't much like moving from his armchair unless it's to watch footie. (He's already got season ticket). The 'experience day' voucher his family got him for his 40th never got used. I shall watch this thread with interest...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    punternet.com

depending where he lives £150 might even get him 2 hours!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X