• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Two days to go - another addition to the family."

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
    A piece of tech that you will love me for suggesting...

Trust me on this, I'm a recruiter.

You can buy an electric swing, a little motor keeps the thing going, some models play irritating little tunes.
    They cost anywhere between 50 and 100 quid, but are worth every penny and in gold.

For most babies they are in effect an off switch, pop the dear little thing in there and it will either go quiet and even to sleep.
    They come with a bunch of removable padding to allow for a wide variety of sizes.
    Admin, I know he's not hit 5,000 posts but can his title be updated to this please?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

You can buy an electric swing, a little motor keeps the thing going, some models play irritating little tunes.
    They cost anywhere between 50 and 100 quid, but are worth every penny and in gold.

For most babies they are in effect an off switch, pop the dear little thing in there and it will either go quiet and even to sleep.
    They come with a bunch of removable padding to allow for a wide variety of sizes.
    Or you could just by an electric chair

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

We had one of those but we refered to it as the pooping chair

It was great actually and kept him pretty quiet.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Don't ever play the music! Ever!

The baby quickly associates the tinny tune with sleeping and won't go off without it after a while.

And it get's in your head. I've got the bloody tune going around in mine now - simply because I read ^^^^^
    Yep. Got one of those swingy things....

Day 5 now. Doing well. Forgot how bad the lack of sleep thing was though :-(

WFH for client Thursday/Friday. Back in for possibly last week next week at client.
    Got something else looking good but its 75-90 mins drive away. Good rate (albeit only for 2 months). Think train might be an option too (60 mins then 2 miles taxi).
    Not ideal of course, but at least its decent money and I'm home every night.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied

Don't ever play the music! Ever!

The baby quickly associates the tinny tune with sleeping and won't go off without it after a while.

And it get's in your head. I've got the bloody tune going around in mine now - simply because I read ^^^^^

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

When I had my eldest, my very elderly grandfather was staying with us. We just stuck baby in bouncy chair and stuck bouncy chair under grandad's foot. Baby happy, and constant bouncing action ensured grandad's circulation was good. A motor might be less hassle than an old person though.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied
    You need an electric chair

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    If she says ANYTHING tell her they just sling em on their backs and get on with the weeding in Africa - It'll make her feel better.
    And it will guarantee you a kick in the nuts....

Congrats on the new arrival

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Least she didnt have C section after so no excuses for not doing housework ;-)
    If she says ANYTHING tell her they just sling em on their backs and get on with the weeding in Africa - It'll make her feel better.

Congrats and enjoy those early years (again).

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Fingers crossed.

How's the housework/laundry coming along?
    MIL been up so house is tidy. Gonna be hard for a day or two.

Least she didnt have C section after so no excuses for not doing housework ;-)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Thanks all BTW.

Baby now out of scbu. Hopefully both home tomorrow or Sunday....
    Fingers crossed.

How's the housework/laundry coming along?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Thanks all BTW.

Baby now out of scbu. Hopefully both home tomorrow or Sunday....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    OK that didn't sound right did it? :-)

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Congrats.

Have you emailed whoever rang you (ccing their boss) to confirm that you are on paternity leave as discussed on dates x, y, z .... and will not be available until whenever? If not do it as paper trails really annoy people trying to pin the blame elsewhere.
    To be fair the guy that phoned me is a good fella. I know he wouldnt have unless management were really putting the squeeze on him.
    Not my problem I know and it is a bit weird to hear your phone buzzing away when you're wife is in labour. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X