• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you drink too much?"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'm a binge drinker. I call it the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    "You have no apparent problems with alcohol."

Not surprising since I've been teetotal for several years.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You have no apparent problems with alcohol.

How very dull.
    +1

Dullsville

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have recently twigged the wife of one of my neighbours...
    Calling it a twig is quite self-effacing

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Good old Charles Bukowski:

“That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.”
    “Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.”

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I have recently twigged the wife of one of my neighbours is never around, I think she must have left him, he just passed by the house there which he does every evening when he goes down to sit in the window seat of one of the locals where you can see him chugging pint after pint for a few hours.

Lucky bastard.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    I got "You are Keith Richards"

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    can you use a proper distance measurement like a Mile or Furlong

Bloody euro types invading our UK board
    Other way around; CUK is slowly invading Europe. Bloody good job too as the Euroland contractor boards are rather dull.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    One beer garden! One hour! Midnight! Young people nowadays, pfui...3 beer gardens and 2 pubs spread over a distance of 200km, started at 10am, got home at 5am on another day
    can you use a proper distance measurement like a Mile or Furlong

Bloody euro types invading our UK board

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Mudskipper will be along any minute to ask if you are being honest with yourself and others.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I think I am more of a bingey drinker type. I don't think I drink and awful lot, but if I do drink, the volume's high, and I'll not let a bottle sit unfinished. I know people who'll pop a bottle open, have a glass, then leave it until the next day. I can't do that.

I also can't simply pop out for a pint, for if I have decided I am going to have a drink, I utilise the opportunity to actually have a proper drink...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My problem is when I drink which seems to be few and far between I binge, for example last night I went to a beer garden for an hour before dinner, rolled in about midnight
    One beer garden! One hour! Midnight! Young people nowadays, pfui...3 beer gardens and 2 pubs spread over a distance of 200km, started at 10am, got home at 5am on another day

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I am a beer monster, normally. But I havn't had a beer for over a week now
    It's good to know you can stop at the drop of a hat

another week of this then I am off on my adventures

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Q 11: How truthful were you when answering the questions?

a) Completely truthful
    b) I answered based on my 'best' week.
    c) I told fibs
    d) Truth comes in the bottom of a bottle
    B.

I'm drunk right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X