• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My name is ...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My name is ..."

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    slim shady??

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I am on step 13 - Relapse
    That's one advantage of being male. step 13 for females is prolapse.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The 12 step plan has cured my sex addiction.

Completely.

I am on step 13 - Relapse

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Have you been smoking the Daily Mail again?
    smoke the messenger!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The 12 step plan has cured my sex addiction.

Completely.

You don't need to be cured for that. What you need is a lifelong therapeutic program built around a partner with the same condition.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I've often been told I have an exercise addiction, and perhaps I do seeing as I've had a few problems with overtraining in the past. But I've learnt through experience when it's time to take a rest, and if I do have an exercise addiction, I can't say it's been bad for me really; I got further in rugby than anyone else ever thought I would and now I can do 200+ km bike rides with no real problems. Thing is, I think I have an easily addicted mind, and having done booze and fags in the past I guess this is the least harmful addiction I can have.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    they have ostracised smokers, the drinkers are the current target and they are starting on the meat eaters.

They won't be happy until we are all living in dung houses living off beans.

Agree with the addiction observation it does seem to be a whole lot more complicated that the 'just give it up brigade' suggest.
    Have you been smoking the Daily Mail again?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    they have ostracised smokers, the drinkers are the current target and they are starting on the meat eaters.

They won't be happy until we are all living in dung houses living off beans.

Agree with the addiction observation it does seem to be a whole lot more complicated that the 'just give it up brigade' suggest.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I am no left handed.
    Inconceivable!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I am no left handed.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    All this talk of booze has me itching to get to the pub

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    We are all high functioning alcoholics, darling!
    That's OK then, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Surely that's a mistake. Drinks per day maybe...?
    Probably not a mistake.
    Social Drinkers, Problem Drinkers and High-Functioning Alcoholics | Psychology Today

Social drinkers are those individuals who drink in low-risk patterns. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), "low-risk" drinking for females consists of no more than 7 drinks per week and no more than 3 drinks per sitting. For males, it consists of no more than 14 drinks per week and no more than 4 drinks per day.
    We are all alcoholics, darling!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    A statistic that was quoted is that female alcoholics have an average 9 drinks a week, compared to the male alcoholic's 16.

Surely that's a mistake. Drinks per day maybe...?
    That is an Americanism. They think we're a nation of alcoholics.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X