• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Earlier, warmer Springs"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You wouldn't have anything above Nottingham or North West of Cardiff = hordes of Scots and Welsh streaming into the SE of England...we'd have to seal the border

Are you telling me the Geordies wouldn't be out on the piss in their T shirts?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I quite like the idea of an ice age. Although I can imagine it being quite chilly.
    You wouldn't have anything above Nottingham or North West of Cardiff = hordes of Scots and Welsh streaming into the SE of England...we'd have to seal the border

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Huh?

Your data shows warming, this data does not show anywhere near as much.

Your data been through the East Anglian cherry picker algorithm?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I quite like the idea of an ice age. Although I can imagine it being quite chilly.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    If the polar caps melt and the Gulf Stream moves south, then yes, of course it will...
    How would that affect house prices?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Ice is at a high in the arctic for this time of year, and of course the ice in Antartica has been growing for over a decade.

Dont forget the CAGW predictions - the arctic was supposed to be ice free by now.

Winter is coming

Bloody TemporalPessimist

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    If the polar caps melt and the Gulf Stream moves south, then yes, of course it will...
    Ice is at a high in the arctic for this time of year, and of course the ice in Antartica has been growing for over a decade.

Dont forget the CAGW predictions - the arctic was supposed to be ice free by now.

Winter is coming

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The gulf stream hasn´t moved it´s still where it´s always been, and it won´t move.

The theory of the gulf stream stopping is based on an incident at the end of the ice age where a huge lake, which incidentally caused the sea level to rise a couple of metres was poured into the Atlantic. For something similar to happen a major part of the Greenland ice sheet would have to collapse/melt. This wouldn´t happen in your life time, even with the most pessimistic projections.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Maidenhead?
    I've just passed through Maidenhead on the train 10 minutes ago.
    Fortunately I was going at 125mph

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Nice graph from pj, note the droop at the end there.

I can tell from the posts of the "warmies" that they´re realising slowly the egg is spreading over their faces. By 2020 they´re really going to look stupid.

It´s getting cold and it will get colder.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I can tell from the posts of the "warmies" that they´re realising slowly the egg is spreading over their faces. By 2020 they´re really going to look stupid.

It had bloody better not! I've put the winter woolies away and got the Biergarten shirts out ready

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The Pacific has gone cold. It´s a cycle, so yes we´re seeing change over, but the pattern is now settled, cold winters cold summers. Compare this to 30 years it´s not at all unusual, but it is different to 10 years ago when the Pacific was warm... oh and watch the ice come back. Won´t happen overnight but it will, and that´s the point where the warmies run out of explanations.

As for extremes no scientist can detect anything at the moment statistically no change. No increase in Tornado strength no increase in hurricane strength or frequency etc etc.

...and if you look in Newspapers in the archive back to the 18th century you would be amazed at how often scientists/explorers/farmers remark on climate change.

The Vikings used to graze cattle in Greenland. A bit too chilly these days.

It´s a cycle....it gets warm it gets cold it gets warm. So every generation complains the weather aint what was when he were a lad,

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I am not a climate change apologista, but surely, surely people can see it is changing. Year on year we are getting more extreme weather and weather that is out of character with the seasons.

I cannot see how people cannot see how global warming would make us colder either, as silly as it sounds, given what we rely on for our weather patterns.
    Do you really think that in relation to the life of the planet that you can say that there is a visible change in climate? over the period of your lifetime? Do you not think your ancestors would have said the same 100 years ago? Or would they have been in the pub discussing the weather and saying to each other "my my isnt this weather amazing, it is just the same as it was when I were a lad 50 years ago"

Or maybe the effects of climate change indoctrination have turned you into a climate "hypochondriac"?

One thing that has moved is that we have gone from Global warming to climate change in no time.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by istvan View Post
    It was on the news today(*): Global warming is over, global cooling is the hit now.

(*) Local fugitive pharmacist's public radio service of south Albania's neutral territory.

I think the cold will end soon.... but then the rain will begin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X