• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rant, rant, rant..."

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    Well? MP? I just went through this whole stupid thread looking for this answer ....... and while we are at it, what about Mudskipper and Zippy too?
    You havent been reading the CUK Fat threads then.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Mine's a creme de menthe and bag of scampi fries please.
    Fish crisps!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I reckon he is just trolling

no one can be that stupid in reality!
    I really really wish that were true.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Don't worry, I am sure that a contract will come up soon that you can do.
    You're more confident in his interview skills then I am.
    Last edited by eek; 16 May 2013, 07:10.

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Do you have a large backside?
    Well? MP? I just went through this whole stupid thread looking for this answer ....... and while we are at it, what about Mudskipper and Zippy too?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by proggy View Post
    If i'm sitting at home at 5:30 while you are still sitting at a green light in front of a box junction all night, makes me stupid then i'll take being stupid all day.
    Don't worry, I am sure that a contract will come up soon that you can do.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    If i'm sitting at home at 5:30 while you are still sitting at a green light in front of a box junction all night, makes me stupid then i'll take being stupid all day.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post

I've worked with a few

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Wow, aren't you a rebel? Stopping in a box junction doesn't exactly make you a maverick
    Precisely. Isn't this the same twonk who ran out of petrol somewhere at some point, or am I getting my sockies mixed up?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    oh why do i bother but...

the thing is with a box junction if your exit is not clear then there is a car in front of you...

the yellow box is not to be entered unless you can exit it and as such you should treat it like it does not exist..

so in essence although your light is green something is blocking your path..

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Any box junction I have used regularly doesn't have lights. No way would I wait at a green light just to let some other plonker out whose light is currently red. Green means go unless there is a car/person in front of me.
    Oh dear, now it's clear you're trolling. You overdid the stupid, stupid

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There almost always are lights; offhand, I can't think of any box junctions without them. The point of the box junction is to stop idiots going through a green light when their exit from the junction isn't clear, meaning that when the lights change, traffic in the other direction is blocked by the idiots, and you now have two traffic jams instead of one.

I can't believe I had to explain that. Are you being deliberately obtuse, or does it come naturally?
    Any box junction I have used regularly doesn't have lights. No way would I wait at a green light just to let some other plonker out whose light is currently red. Green means go unless there is a car/person in front of me.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    If they don't want cars to pass they should put lights.
    There almost always are lights; offhand, I can't think of any box junctions without them. The point of the box junction is to stop idiots going through a green light when their exit from the junction isn't clear, meaning that when the lights change, traffic in the other direction is blocked by the idiots, and you now have two traffic jams instead of one.

I can't believe I had to explain that. Are you being deliberately obtuse, or does it come naturally?

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Given that the rules say "You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear" that shouldn't be a problem.
    If they don't want cars to pass they should put lights.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X