• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Simple cooking tips that work"

Collapse

• Old Hack
    replied
    I like the ladies fat boy, just not the lardy ones like you

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    All big girls hey SB. I guess I kind of knew that though
    Well as the ladies are not your thing, here is one just for you OH.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And what about Delia??

All big girls hey SB. I guess I kind of knew that though

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    And what about Delia??

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Hmmm, good point, although there's only a squeeze of it. I didn't notice anything untoward although the meat is BBQd/Grilled.

I remember once marinating some squid in pure lemon juice. Later that afternoon it had vanished! What an idiot!
    A small amount isn't too bad. If you want to infuse lemon flavour use lemon zest ( make sure it is unwaxed).

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Or maybe even Kirsty??

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I think a few tips from Nigella might help things along in this thread................NSFW!!!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I'd leave the lemon out if you are marinading it for that long it can pre cook the meat.
    Hmmm, good point, although there's only a squeeze of it. I didn't notice anything untoward although the meat is BBQd/Grilled.

I remember once marinating some squid in pure lemon juice. Later that afternoon it had vanished! What an idiot!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Try marinating lamb for two days - πολύ νόστιμο!

Did some lamb shoulder in lemon, Greek natural yoghurt, garlic, black pepper, olive oil, martini rosso (yes!) and thyme - souvlaki-tastic!
    I'd leave the lemon out if you are marinading it for that long it can pre cook the meat.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Instead of using wine in some sauces you can use an oily prat.
    How is adding Nicolas Sarkozy to my sauce going to improve it?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Chopping onions, slice vertically turn 90 degrees and chop.

Why do people slice horizontally? Waste of time if you ask me as the onions layered structure will give you small pieces anyway.
    Keep your onions in the fridge - no tears!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Use a ricer when making mash.

Make sure the milk and butter are warm as well.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Instead of using wine in some sauces you can use noilly prat.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    just a little lemon juice and butter ( always last) in pan sauces will thick and lift them

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Use decent ingredients.

Doesn't have to be expensive but if you use meat or veg try and find somewhere that looks after the animals and doesn't intensively farm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X