• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many do you recognise?"

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Some, but thankfully not all.

Though I do hate the ones where you wake up feeling fine an it turns out you're still drunk, only to have a monster hangover in the afternoon.

I wonder which one is Bunk experiencing at this very moment.
    A mixture of 4 and 6. It's not quite an apocalypse but it's unpleasant. However, I went home for a power nap and now I feel fine.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Alzheimer's. There's nothing sweeter than not knowing who you **** every morning.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    When I was younger and single I woke up with no recollection of the night before. Opened my eyes and was greeted with the sight of a naked girl I did not recognise sleeping beside me.
    Alzheimer's. There's nothing sweeter than not knowing who the **** you are every morning.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    When I was younger and single I woke up with no recollection of the night before. Opened my eyes and was greeted with the sight of a naked girl I did not recognise sleeping beside me.
    I hope you took full advantage of the situation.. (When I was in uni) there was nothing better than still drunk morning sex

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    One of my worst #2 memories was a regrettable evening spent with some colleagues on a contract with a large retail bank.

A 2 day workshop was bridged by an overnight stay at a country manor hotel, accompanied by a night on the tiles. I can only remember the following:

1. Toppling off a high bar stool approximately one hour after the meal finished
    2. Encouraging colleagues to have 'just one more drink' with me back at the hotel
    3. Playing [i.e. bashing the keys of] a piano in a deserted part of the hotel
    4. Kissing a barman
    5. Being woken abruptly a few hours later by a loud banging (boss banging on door), to find I'd 'slept' on the bathroom floor
    6. Joining the workshop an hour late, very drunk, dressed in clothes from the night before
    7. My hangover commencing at lunchtime

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I wasn't planning on having many, due to exams, but, well, students being students and all that. All I did was sit in bed afterwards, being sick, or revising, and I guess it helped me out in the end, as I revised more. But the next day, was as painful as I can remember; the room looked like I'd had a brawl in it, I had a broken nose form falling down the stairs (I assume) and, well, it's a distant memory now.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    All except #3. This means I have had far more #2 than I should have done.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    They're all very good, but the apocalypse was my own personal favourite and memory from many moons ago when my drinks were spiked, by friends, on my birthday. That was an interesting 3 days afterwards...

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    They're all very good, but the apocalypse was my own personal favourite and memory from many moons ago when my drinks were spiked, by friends, on my birthday. That was an interesting 3 days afterwards...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'm snorting with laughter in recognition:

A hangover that means the first act of the day is usually chewing your own fist, this typically follows a work party, family do, or an encounter with an ex — any situation where you were supposed to meet a higher standard of behaviour than normal. You can't quite remember what it was you said or did that was wrong, but the wrongness of it is nethertheless wedged inside you, rotting you from the inside out.
    Was it cousin Benny? The one with the club foot and lisp?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I'm snorting with laughter in recognition:

A hangover that means the first act of the day is usually chewing your own fist, this typically follows a work party, family do, or an encounter with an ex — any situation where you were supposed to meet a higher standard of behaviour than normal. You can't quite remember what it was you said or did that was wrong, but the wrongness of it is nethertheless wedged inside you, rotting you from the inside out.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    They´ve forgotten the WTF hangover. That hangover happens when you drink hardly anything. Once I had a stinking great hangover after drinking NO ALCOHOL
    So did I once, when I sniffed a funny hankie. Gave me a sore head and bum.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    They´ve forgotten the WTF hangover. That hangover happens when you drink hardly anything. Once I had a stinking great hangover after drinking NO ALCOHOL

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I reckon all of them, some a distant memory tho

9 types of hangover

Leave a comment:

Working...
X