• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to find compass bearing to my TV transmitter"

Collapse

• proggy
    replied
    Why not use the internet, i.e. iPlayer, ITVPlayer etc? Do you have decent broadband?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I got the local odd-job man to do mine.
    I shouted up to him 'You'll never be able to keep a grip with that fckng emu stuck on your arm.'

he shouted back 'No . I'll be alriiiiiaaaaggghhhh.....'

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    See which way the neighbours' aerials are pointing?
    Was just about to say the same thing.....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Well for a laugh I stuck a coathanger in the end of the cable and retuned. Amazingly I have great picture but it only found BBC channels (seemingly all of them).

Oh well I have the snooker...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Good for your ego.

Not so good if terrorists/North Korea use Google postcode search for their missile navigation systems..
    It's alright I double checked and it's next door.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I was assuming his office is on the 2nd floor.
    Nah, middle floor.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Easy to do if you don't have cavity insulation - drill hole in internal wall in study, drop plumb down the cavity with a pull through attached and fish for the cable with piece of bent coat hanger, if you have insulation in the cavity you're a bit fooked and and may have to go external
    You can easily chase into any wall and put some conduit up the wall, and plaster/fill it Then just drop the cable down the conduit and go from there. I've done it so often, I have my own chase cutter now.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What a great site.

And by some happy coincidence, Google maps my postcode exactly on top of MY house rather than elsewhere on the street.
    Good for your ego.

Not so good if terrorists/North Korea use Google postcode search for their missile navigation systems..

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Fine if it's a bungalow and no coving
    I was assuming his office is on the 2nd floor.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Or just pop a hole through the ceiling in the corner and thread the cable through.
    Fine if it's a bungalow and no coving

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Easy to do if you don't have cavity insulation - drill hole in internal wall in study, drop plumb down the cavity with a pull through attached and fish for the cable with piece of bent coat hanger, if you have insulation in the cavity you're a bit fooked and and may have to go external
    Or just pop a hole through the ceiling in the corner and thread the cable through.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I'd stick a splitter in and run a cable to the office from the loft. Assuming loft space is over the office it should be simple to do.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    We have TV through roof aerial, but no socket on this floor. We have a sky dish (for freesat) but it's on the opposite side of the house... both are quite possible to solve but I don't want to get into such things while we're sorting out other things (like plumbing in the dishwasher, getting a new shower fitted, etc) If it were the living room it would be a priority but that room has sockets for satellite+TV already - I rarely watch TV in the office but the snooker's on...
    I'd stick a splitter in and run a cable to the office from the loft. Assuming loft space is over the office it should be simple to do.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You allowed to put a sky dish up? if so you could get the FTA channels through that
    We have TV through roof aerial, but no socket on this floor. We have a sky dish (for freesat) but it's on the opposite side of the house... both are quite possible to solve but I don't want to get into such things while we're sorting out other things (like plumbing in the dishwasher, getting a new shower fitted, etc) If it were the living room it would be a priority but that room has sockets for satellite+TV already - I rarely watch TV in the office but the snooker's on...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    It's a conservation area
    You allowed to put a sky dish up? if so you could get the FTA channels through that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X