• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to find compass bearing to my TV transmitter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's a conservation area
    You allowed to put a sky dish up? if so you could get the FTA channels through that
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      You allowed to put a sky dish up? if so you could get the FTA channels through that
      We have TV through roof aerial, but no socket on this floor. We have a sky dish (for freesat) but it's on the opposite side of the house... both are quite possible to solve but I don't want to get into such things while we're sorting out other things (like plumbing in the dishwasher, getting a new shower fitted, etc) If it were the living room it would be a priority but that room has sockets for satellite+TV already - I rarely watch TV in the office but the snooker's on...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We have TV through roof aerial, but no socket on this floor. We have a sky dish (for freesat) but it's on the opposite side of the house... both are quite possible to solve but I don't want to get into such things while we're sorting out other things (like plumbing in the dishwasher, getting a new shower fitted, etc) If it were the living room it would be a priority but that room has sockets for satellite+TV already - I rarely watch TV in the office but the snooker's on...
        I'd stick a splitter in and run a cable to the office from the loft. Assuming loft space is over the office it should be simple to do.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I'd stick a splitter in and run a cable to the office from the loft. Assuming loft space is over the office it should be simple to do.
          Easy to do if you don't have cavity insulation - drill hole in internal wall in study, drop plumb down the cavity with a pull through attached and fish for the cable with piece of bent coat hanger, if you have insulation in the cavity you're a bit fooked and and may have to go external

Comment

Easy to do if you don't have cavity insulation - drill hole in internal wall in study, drop plumb down the cavity with a pull through attached and fish for the cable with piece of bent coat hanger, if you have insulation in the cavity you're a bit fooked and and may have to go external
            Or just pop a hole through the ceiling in the corner and thread the cable through.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Or just pop a hole through the ceiling in the corner and thread the cable through.
              Fine if it's a bungalow and no coving

Comment

Fine if it's a bungalow and no coving
                I was assuming his office is on the 2nd floor.

Comment

What a great site.

And by some happy coincidence, Google maps my postcode exactly on top of MY house rather than elsewhere on the street.
                  Good for your ego.

Not so good if terrorists/North Korea use Google postcode search for their missile navigation systems..

Comment

You can easily chase into any wall and put some conduit up the wall, and plaster/fill it Then just drop the cable down the conduit and go from there. I've done it so often, I have my own chase cutter now.

Comment

I was assuming his office is on the 2nd floor.
                      Nah, middle floor.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X