• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Its a Knockout !

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Its a Knockout !"

Collapse

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    It’s still running on the continent, I think it would be great to have it back especially with the expanded EU. Perhaps the Vatican can join in.

I have seen some really good programmes on European TV but there seems to be an inherent reluctance for British TV to buy in anything other than American or Australian other than a few licensed ones from Holland such as Big Brother.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh. The real one was in Battersea. And England won.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    The FIFA World Cup

Originally posted by expat
    Is that like the FIFA World Cup?
    Yeah, what's that all about? The FIFA World Cup
    Is there another World cup we're likely to confuse it with?

Q. So did England qualify for the world cup?
    B. No, we don't have any Sumo wrestlers.
    C. Huh?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I don't know, sounds like a groovy party! Did they have Battenburg Cake?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs Smith
    Our neighbours had dinner with us last night and for some strange reason the conversation got to 'Its a Knockout'.

We all fondly remembered the european version and how it emphasised all those national stereotypes : the Italians were always flamboyant, the Germans scheming, the Belgians dour. Mr Smith especially remembers Stuart Hall laughing.

It would be great to watch repeats but I'm not sure it would be as popular today as it was.
    Is that like the FIFA World Cup?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Result.

Didn't Eddie Waring comment on it at one time or am I dreaming that?

He did indeed.

Up and Under!

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    ITS A KNOCKOUT = 15 seconds of fame

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Some sky channel are doing re runs of this. I spotted it when I was surfing my sky box. Probably something rubbish like challenge

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    The Royal "Hooray Henry" version in the eighties killed it off for good.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Smith
    started a topic Its a Knockout !

Its a Knockout !

Our neighbours had dinner with us last night and for some strange reason the conversation got to 'Its a Knockout'.

We all fondly remembered the european version and how it emphasised all those national stereotypes : the Italians were always flamboyant, the Germans scheming, the Belgians dour. Mr Smith especially remembers Stuart Hall laughing.

It would be great to watch repeats but I'm not sure it would be as popular today as it was.

Working...
X