• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Car insurance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car insurance"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    . Apart from the fact there aren't any others locally I cannot see how the mini is so cheap.
    Ah I get it. You're the only gay in the village, so they reckon you'll be quite safe pottering around at 10 mph.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Can someone explain to me how come its cheaper for me to insurance a Mini Cooper JCW Convertible than a Vauxhall Zafira.

Mini cooper quote £197
    Vauxhall Zafira £205.

I know theres not much in the quotes but they are from the same company !!!
    Number of seats. Also get the car HPI checked, if is cat D for example, the premium goes up

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    People carriers are driven by ditzy mums that spend every day bumping into the car infront at the lights/roundabout due to spending most of their time turning round and shouting at the kids.
    This is probably as close to the reason as you can get. Whole host of other things such as Zafira will be on the road more, have more people per mile in it. Zafira is going to get reversed in to stuff and less care taken than someones fun car and so on. Right bloody rip off insurance is.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

As for why I have the mini, I have a parking space that fits it perfectly (and virtually no other car). Its also an automatic, I treat it as a go-cart and its very good at scaring boy racers.
    Yes, yes, but does your boyfriend like the colour?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I once got a quote, it was really low, took it and then when the paperwork arrived it was for the wrong model.

Quote was made by a Bob over the phone who obviously was a twonk.
    Its an online quote so I can't blame Fat finger Bob.

As for why I have the mini, I have a parking space that fits it perfectly (and virtually no other car). Its also an automatic, I treat it as a go-cart and its very good at scaring boy racers.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    quite possible. The mini however is Insurance Group 36. The Zafira Group 7. Apart from the fact there aren't any others locally I cannot see how the mini is so cheap.
    I once got a quote, it was really low, took it and then when the paperwork arrived it was for the wrong model.

Quote was made by a Bob over the phone who obviously was a twonk.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Except when you've got your boyfriend sat next to you that is.

Even the boyfriend wouldn't be seen in a mini convertible

Joking aside, the wife has just bought an R-Class, so we can't all have good taste....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I think the idea is you'd be alone most times in the mini, and surrounded by kids, distracting you, most times in the MPV.

That's how I'd see it.
    quite possible. The mini however is Insurance Group 36. The Zafira Group 7. Apart from the fact there aren't any others locally I cannot see how the mini is so cheap.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I think the idea is you'd be alone most times in the mini, and surrounded by kids, distracting you, most times in the MPV.

That's how I'd see it.
    Except when you've got your boyfriend sat next to you that is.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied

That's how I'd see it.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    People carriers are driven by ditzy mums that spend every day bumping into the car infront at the lights/roundabout due to spending most of their time turning round and shouting at the kids.
    Excuse me but I can think of 3 different examples just last month of when a woman drove a car in the UK and did not crash it!!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    how sexist

but probably true

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Because you're a hairdresser?
    Maybe they figure he's a gay hairdresser and that demographic doesn't have too many accidents?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    They feel sorry for you looking gay in Mini convertible?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X