• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Osborne Speech on England Independance"

Collapse

• tomtomagain
    replied
    There is another important factor that people never consider when talking about "oil wealth"

and that is the fact that the majority of the tax take on oil in the UK is on the consumption of the product. i.e. the fact that almost 75% of the cost of fuel in the UK to the consumer is taxed.

The amount taxed at source ( the oil producers ) is smaller, although still a fairly hefty number.

But the idea that "Without Oil" the UK government would have no money is false. With or without Scotland UK companies will still purchase oil at the global market price and UK consumers will still pay and additional 75% to the treasury for the luxury of consuming it.

And anyway if it all gets a bit too much we'll simply have to either buy Shale Oil from the Americans or develop our own significant Shale resources around Blackpool.

Before anyone complains about the risks of fracking. It doesn't matter. Blackpool is nowhere near the home counties.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by proggy View Post
    Right Einstein, if what you say is true, the Tories would love to get rid of Scotland given they have no vote up here. Funnily enough they are begging Scotland to stay hmmmmm I'll your excuse for a brain try and work that out, take your time.
    The deep, rich, taste of irony in the morning.

It's nice.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    He has no alternative.
    His brain patterns operate at the same speed as a striking slug!

Oh my, I think you were so busy trying to knock one out while you typed that, that you forgot he also wants Wales to stay too, and is begging them. Must be all those vast oil reserves off Milford Haven

Oh my, you haven't changed have you, all those ions of inbreeding clearly affects the heed.

Last edited by Old Hack; 25 April 2013, 08:37.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    your excuse for a brain try and work that out, take your time.
    He has no alternative.
    His brain patterns operate at the same speed as a striking slug!

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    You joke about RBS, and Halifax and BOS, but you do realise, you'd be responsible for those debts as well don't you.

The trouble is, the basic nationalistic jock hasn't really understood all of the issues surrounding devolution.

I, personally, can't wait.
    Right Einstein, if what you say is true, the Tories would love to get rid of Scotland given they have no vote up here. Funnily enough they are begging Scotland to stay hmmmmm I'll your excuse for a brain try and work that out, take your time.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Well the land and surrounding shore is part of Scotland so would be like asking your wife to give her half her arm. We will of course be willing to give you RBS and all its debts.
    You joke about RBS, and Halifax and BOS, but you do realise, you'd be responsible for those debts as well don't you.

The trouble is, the basic nationalistic jock hasn't really understood all of the issues surrounding devolution.

I, personally, can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Well the land and surrounding shore is part of Scotland so would be like asking your wife to give her half her arm. We will of course be willing to give you RBS and all its debts.

You're obviously of the understanding we'd split the assets geographically, and not per capita then?

And even if it were done geographically, you do realise that Englands coastline has been subtly altered over the past decade don't you?

Old Mrs Hubbard is going to go to her Oil cupboard and find half of it has been annexed to her Neighbour England

I'll laugh my chozzers off when the Sweaties realise there's not much oil left, and what is, is below the annex line.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Surely in a divorce assets are split equally?
    I'm not sure we would have the Union if England was allowed to vote- are you?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Doubt it will happen, Osborne was willing to speak in Glasgow to beg Scotland to stay in the union. Bit like you marrying a rich Oil heiress (Scotland) and then her deciding she wants a divorce and you (England) begging her no to go as you need all that Oil money.

probably more like Britannia begging her drunken Scottish spouse not to pee on the couch.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Doubt it will happen, Osborne was willing to speak in Glasgow to beg Scotland to stay in the union. Bit like you marrying a rich Oil heiress (Scotland) and then her deciding she wants a divorce and you (England) begging her no to go as you need all that Oil money.

Surely in a divorce assets are split equally?
    I'm not sure we would have the Union if England was allowed to vote- are you?

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    <long overdue>

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I blame the Ruskie

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    started a topic Osborne Speech on England Independance

Osborne Speech on England Independance

<long overdue>
    Last edited by Troll; 25 April 2013, 07:44.

Working...
X