• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I am old before my time"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Never waste an erection.

Max Clifford.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    who wants, did some IT stuff on their tombstone when it could be so much more? Anyone else?
    Cremation is the answer to that one.

The rest, I mainly agree with.

Cut the expenditure, cut the income and have time with the family instead. This year looks like a bad one for me, because I may have to work for 11 months, rather than my usual 9 months of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    ( have 3 expensive girls to keep in shoes/horses/barbies etc)
    Make sure you don't just become the paycheck, you have one life of indeterminate length; you have responsibilities for necessaries but also a right to choose your own course within those parameters. Remember most people regret things they never did but had thought about and also not having enough sex!

faber est quisque fortunae suae

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another vote for Radio 4

And for feeling old, mainly the morning after the night before

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You can kill these three birds with one stone by having a wank in the garden.
    Well, thank you my Six Sigma friend, I've found more time!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    More reflective over how pointless some of this IT stuff in the grand scheme of things and how others in poorly paid jobs make far greater contributions than I ever could on this career path.
    Sorry OS, didn't mean to demean the sentiment, I totally agree which is why I'm trying to pursue activities that make more sense to me in the grand scheme of things.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    . More reflective over how pointless some of this IT stuff in the grand scheme of things and how others in poorly paid jobs make far greater contributions than I ever could on this career path.
    Well you're in luck. Some of the lowest grades of the NHS, care assistants and the like require very few qualifications. Off you go: quit your pointless manager's job and go and empty some bed pans.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Never waste an erection.

Enjoy the sun.

Look for enjoyable things that are free
    You can kill these three birds with one stone by having a wank in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Never waste an erection.

Enjoy the sun.

Look for enjoyable things that are free, such as taking a walk in the countryside with your family.

Spend time, food, wine and conversation with good friends.

Switch off the radio, TV and don't read newspapers.

Give a tramp a cup of hot tea and ask about his story.

Give a politician a good kicking.
    Nothing wrong with your suggestions, although it makes me think my original post sounded as if I was unhappy or depressed, which I am not. More reflective over how pointless some of this IT stuff in the grand scheme of things and how others in poorly paid jobs make far greater contributions than I ever could on this career path.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Never waste an erection.

Enjoy the sun.

Look for enjoyable things that are free, such as taking a walk in the countryside with your family.

Spend time, food, wine and conversation with good friends.

Switch off the radio, TV and don't read newspapers.

Give a tramp a cup of hot tea and ask about his story.

Give a politician a good kicking.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    even radio four is now dummed down.
    Oh the ironing!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I am 31 and have been listening to Radio4 for years
    Yeah, same. Except I'm 33.

Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Thank god for all the radio 4 responses. My family think I am a dinosaur for listening but there is so absorbing stuff on there and make the journey just disappear. That 'Mark Steel's in Town' makes me larf.

Saying that even the kids hate Grimmy on R1 saying who he has partied with, which celebs he spoke to/got photographed with yadda yadda. I can't see how that appeals to anyone, young or old.
    Yes, but even radio four is now dummed down. When I switch it on there is usually a lesbian going on about some rights for facilities in order bring kids to work or something equally stupid.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Shouldn't that be: "Make more groaning and grunting noises when picking up things now than I do when having sex!"
    How do you grunt and groan with that snooker ball firmly wedged in your gob with a tight leather strap?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    2) I groan when picking things up off the floor. It may be from the previous day's run/gym but still
    Shouldn't that be: "Make more groaning and grunting noises when picking up things now than I do when having sex!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X