• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Upgrade time

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Upgrade time"

Collapse

• tranceporter
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Nope, moving from iPhone to Samsung is a piece of cake. Netraider has done it and I'll be doing it once my iPhone gives up the ghost.
    Umm ok.. I guess you are referring to this

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Hmm, I decided to google HTC One poorly supported to see what sort of horror stories are out there, and I found this, which is hilarious.

http://techn4all.com/technology-gadg...the-challenge/
    That looks like it's been through Google Translate half a dozen times

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
    What's your current phone? If it's yphone, then it's a no brainer. Restoring from ytunes, to the latest version of yphone is do straight forward, that I would I buy a new yphone just for that. That's assuming you already don't have one. If you do, I might suggest winphone.
    Nope, moving from iPhone to Samsung is a piece of cake. Netraider has done it and I'll be doing it once my iPhone gives up the ghost.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    iPhone - too small, too proprietary.
    HTC One - poorly supported, too heavy (but a beautiful phone, though.)
    S4 - cheap plastic feel and very ugly (decent feature set, though, comparable to the HTC One)

So AndyW's mum it is. Until something better comes along (phone, that is.)
    Hmm, I decided to google HTC One poorly supported to see what sort of horror stories are out there, and I found this, which is hilarious.

http://techn4all.com/technology-gadg...the-challenge/

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    What shall it be?
    iPhone - too small, too proprietary.
    HTC One - poorly supported, too heavy (but a beautiful phone, though.)
    S4 - cheap plastic feel and very ugly (decent feature set, though, comparable to the HTC One)

So AndyW's mum it is. Until something better comes along (phone, that is.)

Leave a comment:

• istvan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Get a Windows phone. Its the only product out of Microsoft that's ever been any good.
    I'll only trust it if it runs on ms dos.

Leave a comment:

• garethevans1986
    replied
    I've got the Blackberry Z10 - not a bad phone, still a few bugs/querks in the OS and the Twitter app is crap.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The one x is last years model. This years model is the HTC One (and it is that stupid and confusing).
    That must be the one then, shiny silver, full hd screen. Overkill for posting on CUK but I do check my fantasy league as well.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Went with the One X as I've already got 2 android phones and a tablet. It's nice.
    The one x is last years model. This years model is the HTC One (and it is that stupid and confusing).

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Went with the One X as I've already got 2 android phones and a tablet. It's nice.

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    What shall it be?
    What's your current phone? If it's yphone, then it's a no brainer. Restoring from ytunes, to the latest version of yphone is do straight forward, that I would I buy a new yphone just for that. That's assuming you already don't have one. If you do, I might suggest winphone.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Get a Windows phone. Its the only product out of Microsoft that's ever been any good.

Leave a comment:

• IRMe
    replied
    Last edited by IRMe; 20 April 2013, 10:04. Reason: Moderated post delay fail.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    What shall it be?
    Nokia N920

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    started a poll Upgrade time

Upgrade time

Samsung s4
    23.53%