• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh Dear: it's finally happening - they're trying to seduce me to the dark side"

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    14 years .net experience, very impressive. Wasn't .net released in 2002?
    I'm sure I remember using beta versions in 2001, so sounds about right

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    well,

my contract arrived today and I have accepted

have to choose the company car now

Milan.
    The exit is ---->

Please close the door as you leave permie scum.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    well,

my contract arrived today and I have accepted

have to choose the company car now

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The contract (mine) arrived today.....

..oh my God it´s like the invitation for the carousel and that lamp is blinking bright red in the palm of my hand.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    if I take that job

can I still chat on here ?

Milan.

No

HTH

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    if I take that job

can I still chat on here ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Hi Bob,

thanks for the feedback

yes the market in my area of .Net is good, and the same goes for .Net Architects, the market looks very strong contract and perm.

So what to do that's the question.

Milan.
    Get a coin heads its perm tails it's contracts. If it lands and you are sat thinking best of three there's your answer! Go with it.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hi Bob,

thanks for the feedback

yes the market in my area of .Net is good, and the same goes for .Net Architects, the market looks very strong contract and perm.

So what to do that's the question.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    It depends if .Net is a 10 or 100 contracts a week kind of skillset.

I find that Solutions Architecture/ Enterprise Architecture is difficult at best and competition is really hard compared to my engineering days. At the moment I might see 10 roles a week with 2 or 3 of them being what I want and I may get 1 of that orignal 10 to an interview stage if I am lucky.

So when roles get released you need to be able to get your CV changed and into the agent and inside the hour. Much longer than that then you are probably wasting your time applying because its not that hard to find 3 good enough bodies to put forward and finding the best guy for the job is too much effort for most of the battery hen agents that CV sift by word searching..

This makes it hard to relax when you are in sales mode and my wife often complains that I spend too much time on jobserve and my breaks hardly ever seem like a time to relax. I know many guys like the idea of living twelve months on six months money, however I don't think you could fund many decent hobbies (thinking gliding or motor-racing/track days) skimping like a permie for most of the year. I see no point living on Lidel or Aldi food all year.

You might be better off continuing as you are but taking 2 week breaks in every 3 month contract...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I´m close behind...imminent paper offer.....perm!!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Hi Bwana

this is the problem theres a lot of life yet in my area of dot net contracting

and what to do

stay contracting and lower the utilisation to something like 9 months per year

or

become permy working 20 minutes from home on a great deal

what to do thats the question

for now i will wait for the offer on paper

Milan.
    I have ventured into a non-technical role for the last 11 months.... I am now staying on for another 6 months in a technical role. I am not so sure I ever want to go non-technical in the future though it's nice to have it on your CV. I find when you have a technical challenge it makes your role a lot more interesting than man management, requirements gathering, modelling and endless phone calls/meetings. When you deal with a computer life is easy..... Then again that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Did they throw in a a fancy new bbq and someone to make your tea? that may have swung it for me

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hi Bwana

this is the problem theres a lot of life yet in my area of dot net contracting

and what to do

stay contracting and lower the utilisation to something like 9 months per year

or

become permy working 20 minutes from home on a great deal

what to do thats the question

for now i will wait for the offer on paper

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Bwana
    replied
    <deleted>
    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:51.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hi Alexey

I havent been perm for 14 years

Hows business

What about me friends and family

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X