• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tales from a grumpy imigrant part 2"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Sounds like you're hanging around with a bunch of twats then.
    yeah but SASGuru & Proggy won't leave

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    sorry get a bit defensive, people keep telling me its all my fault (rich capitalist I am) that the country is in debt.

Wanger popped away!
    Sounds like you're hanging around with a bunch of twats then.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Alright, alright! I'm not the debt police, put your wanger away
    sorry get a bit defensive, people keep telling me its all my fault (rich capitalist I am) that the country is in debt.

Wanger popped away!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    only thing we have ever borrowed for is the mortgage.

We have used interest free credit but the money sits in a high interest savings account and Mrs V walks down and pays for it the day its due. She would have a fit if we borrowed anything and I'm too tight.

Cars, Holidays furniture etc paid for up front, if we can't afford it we don't have it.
    Alright, alright! I'm not the debt police, put your wanger away

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Oh, sure.
    only thing we have ever borrowed for is the mortgage.

We have used interest free credit but the money sits in a high interest savings account and Mrs V walks down and pays for it the day its due. She would have a fit if we borrowed anything and I'm too tight.

Cars, Holidays furniture etc paid for up front, if we can't afford it we don't have it.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Hope it works out for you. these things always kick you when you are down. Lets hope the heads not destroyed.

I found you a replacement engine in case

Chevy LS1 LS2 LS3 LS6 LQ4 LQ9 6.0 V8 ENGINE DRIFT 4x4 Cobra TVR Hotrod | eBay

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    When I saw your post in the thread heading on the main grid I thought oh she's going to rip me a new one.

A very big apology for thinking that, you're a good old stick really
    Nah, I'm not. I owe you one [a ripping]!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Actually yes. £50 notes from the current account.

I didn't say I was a poor permie
    Oh, sure.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Paid for in cash, I assume.
    Actually yes. £50 notes from the current account.

I didn't say I was a poor permie

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Cheapskates. I've done £1600 on a clutch and flywheel, new brakes all round, service and MOT. Got the cambelt coming up soon. And I only get about 25mpg.

Perhaps I should look for a cheaper car...

Me too! Last month. Trying to sell car as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    ye Gods I thought this was a contractor forum.

I the sad permie seem to have the newest car here.
    Paid for in cash, I assume.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Cheapskates. I've done £1600 on a clutch and flywheel, new brakes all round, service and MOT. Got the cambelt coming up soon. And I only get about 25mpg.

Perhaps I should look for a cheaper car...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Tales from a grumpy imigrant part 2

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I'm attached to my 16 year old 4x4 ...passed it's MOT this year with 260k on the clock only needing the number plate bulbs replacing
    But Lada Rivas aren't worth a wank!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I sold my beloved Fiat Croma to a pair of lads for £70.

They drove it around like lunatics then set it on fire when the radiator went.

At which point the police phoned up.

Same pair of scumbags later broke into my garage to steal a petrol can of petrol, nicked my neighbour's boat & made off down the canal to where their scooter was out of petrol.

Being twostroke, I hope the fecker seized up on them.
    Well if you will live in Wales

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    actually it wouldn't be scrapped.. I'd put it in a wooden boat and cast adrift while shooting flaming arrows into the boat with evocative music playing in the background - a send off worthy of an old warrior
    <suity nodding approvingly with slight smirk mode>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X