• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A point worth debating"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Nothing wrong with a mass debate on a Friday night.
    this seems rather apt

You must spread some around before giving it to mudskipper again.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I'm afraid I started a bit early. Sorry.

To addtess Dodgy's point - yes, it can be. But if you are going to put your opinions on social media, and you can be identified, then don't be surprised if it bites you on the arse.

About 10 bouquets at the shrine earlier, btw

Leave a comment:

• Goatfell
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    What if the "positive support" is for someone nasty (purely hypothetically and with no reference to anyone living or dead of course)?
    It's rather like the official statements from the police, headmaster, football coach et al about the poor child slain by a couple of 'random' rounds in a drive-by shooting, "pillar of the community", "wonderful pupil", "a lad with great talent". Nothing about the crack dealing and the probability that street crime will show a sudden dip with his absence. . . hypothetically speaking speaking of course

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    are you deemable ?
    Nope, just pished.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Is a show of positive support as offensive as a statement of nastiness, where a person is working in a position of responsibility that above all else requires impartiality?

What if the "positive support" is for someone nasty (purely hypothetically and with no reference to anyone living or dead of course)?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    get yer t1ts oot

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I thought it was only DA who liked to mass debate about Mrs Thatcher.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Irredeemable...
    are you deemable ?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    he is talking about a copper who lost his job, because he tweeted that he was glad Thatcher was dead.
    Someone asked if he should have lost his job if he had said that Thatcher should be cannonised

and now he's getting all frothy

Irredeemable...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Nor English either. Can somebody translate?
    he is talking about a copper who lost his job, because he tweeted that he was glad Thatcher was dead.
    Someone asked if he should have lost his job if he had said that Thatcher should be cannonised

and now he's getting all philosophical

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    look, agents dont do philosophy. and for a very good reason

Nor English either. Can somebody translate?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Is a show of positive support as offensive as a statement of nastiness, where a person is working in a position of responsibility that above all else requires impartiality?

look, agents dont do philosophy. and for a very good reason

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    But it can be deemed to be. I think if you are going to make statements on social media that the subjects should be mainstream and uncontroversial to avoid inadvertedly upsetting someone. I am sure if I were to on facebook and start celebrating the birthday of Pol Pot I would upset someone and it could be interpreted that I believe in what he stood for - hardly the makings of an impartial policeman
    This is true. Hoping Hitler was 'resting in peace' would be offensive to many.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Not offensive, just unprofessional.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X