• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What were you doing when Thatcher was at the peak of her power?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Anyway gotta go, even I have to do some work sometime.
    Yes, your wife's "smalls" won't wash themselves...........

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I don't think he has a strong suit. Except maybe being an expert in hair gel.

My suit may not be strong but it shines

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    No because I might expose how crap they are.
    Oh lord, that has been exposed already!!!! If there is one thing that public sector workers are known for it is exposing themselves ... oh hang on ...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by proggy View Post
    Math not your strong suit eh?
    I don't think he has a strong suit. Except maybe being an expert in hair gel.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by proggy View Post
    So 2 million bonus equates to around 100k a year? Math not your strong suit eh?
    Ah so there is an amount is there that defines greed? so tell us all what that figure is. How much should these bankers be paid?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    FTFY
    Being a thicko, your posts have already shown you don't understand what contractors do.
    So we can safely discount your opinion

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    FTFY
    So 2 million bonus equates to around 100k a year? Math not your strong suit eh?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    The point you are missing is that now we know the emperor has no clothes.
    IT Contractors for years claimed that they were doing something special that needed rare skills which need to be remunerated specially.Now we know that was a pile of crap.
    If the tax-payer owned banks suddenly stopped using contractors do you think they'll suddenly go bust? (They're already performing badly in spite of huge tax free pay.) I reckon nothing at all would happen that cheap bobs cannot do for a loaf of bread.
    True it may hard to hold onto experienced contractors, but surely they're the ones you want to get rid off to get a new mentality in.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Because of the damage you would cause?
    No because I might expose how crap they are.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I've never worked for the public sector in my life. They couldn't afford me, most probably.
    Because of the damage you would cause?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Why do you think SASguru can only get contracts in the public sector?.
    I've never worked for the public sector in my life. They couldn't afford me, most probably.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Why should RBS shackle itself by paying lower than the market rates for its people just because it is owned by the taxpayer?
    Or do you think that because they are a public company they should pay less because it is "unfair to lesser low earning plebs like you?
    I am not much of an economics bod but surely an investment bank needs to pay about the same as other investment banks or they will just end up with the people no other banks want?
    The point you are missing is that now we know the emperor has no clothes.
    Bankers for years claimed that they were doing something special that needed rare skills which need to be remunerated specially.Now we know that was a pile of crap.
    If the tax-payer owned banks suddenly stopped bonuses do you think they'll suddenly go bust? (They're already performing badly in spite of the bonuses.) I reckon nothing at all would happen in the immediate term.
    True it may hard to hold onto experienced staff, but surely they're the ones you want to get rid off to get a new mentality in.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I am not much of an economics bod but surely an investment bank needs to pay about the same as other investment banks or they will just end up with the people no other banks want?
    Why do you think SASguru can only get contracts in the public sector?. Even the welfare industries like to produce stats on how much SASguru and his cronies are costing the taxpayer

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Or do you think
    Answer that conundrum and you will quickly discover why sg's posts are so frequently littered with illogical outbursts.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X