• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What were you doing when Thatcher was at the peak of her power?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I was not having to feed my infant cold milk because of electricity rationing meaning it could not be heated.
    Didn't you have gas?

You can light a gas stove with matches you know.

And you could always buy your own house if you could save the deposit and cope with patronising building society managers and estate agents. Estate agents then like now still told you what they think you can afford and there were less of them so it was luck finding one who was not so bigoted.

My parents both managed it. No council housing for us and we weren't rich.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      I have no doubt that there are individuals within banking who've worked their bollocks off to achieve or exceed their agreed targets and as they have clauses in their contracts that reward them for doing so then they are perfectly entitled to what their contract says is their due.

Stop being a petty jealous twat. Is this something to do with your wife earning more than you do?
      The point, seeing as you're a thick ex-squaddie who can't join up his thinking, is that there is no reason why banking contracts in particular should have "clauses" allowing for millions in bonuses. And especially not in failed tax-payer owned banks.
      And FYI I earn the most in our household working 3-4 hours a day from home. I'm essentially on a consultancy retainer. Only in your dreams would you ever get a long-term contract of that sort.

HTH BIKIW
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        The point, seeing as you're a thick ex-squaddie who can't join up his thinking, is that there is no reason why banking contracts in particular should have "clauses" allowing for millions in bonuses. And especially not in failed tax-payer owned banks.
        And FYI I earn the most in our household working 3-4 hours a day from home. I'm essentially on a consultancy retainer. Only in your dreams would you ever get a long-term contract of that sort.

HTH BIKIW
        Why should RBS shackle itself by paying lower than the market rates for its people just because it is owned by the taxpayer?
        Or do you think that because they are a public company they should pay less because it is "unfair to lesser low earning plebs like you?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Or do you think
          Answer that conundrum and you will quickly discover why sg's posts are so frequently littered with illogical outbursts.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I am not much of an economics bod but surely an investment bank needs to pay about the same as other investment banks or they will just end up with the people no other banks want?
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              I am not much of an economics bod but surely an investment bank needs to pay about the same as other investment banks or they will just end up with the people no other banks want?
              Why do you think SASguru can only get contracts in the public sector?. Even the welfare industries like to produce stats on how much SASguru and his cronies are costing the taxpayer
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Why should RBS shackle itself by paying lower than the market rates for its people just because it is owned by the taxpayer?
                Or do you think that because they are a public company they should pay less because it is "unfair to lesser low earning plebs like you?
                The point you are missing is that now we know the emperor has no clothes.
                Bankers for years claimed that they were doing something special that needed rare skills which need to be remunerated specially.Now we know that was a pile of crap.
                If the tax-payer owned banks suddenly stopped bonuses do you think they'll suddenly go bust? (They're already performing badly in spite of the bonuses.) I reckon nothing at all would happen in the immediate term.
                True it may hard to hold onto experienced staff, but surely they're the ones you want to get rid off to get a new mentality in.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why do you think SASguru can only get contracts in the public sector?.
                  I've never worked for the public sector in my life. They couldn't afford me, most probably.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I've never worked for the public sector in my life. They couldn't afford me, most probably.
                    Because of the damage you would cause?
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Because of the damage you would cause?
                      No because I might expose how crap they are.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X