• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I've been fired; Yippee!!!"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    This is interesting - I suspect I'm getting close to being fired judging by the conversation I had in the Headmaster...er I mean boss's office.

It did remind me of being back in primary school though - I knew it was a mistake to go permie, but it's a local gig.

anyway for you.

It would be interesting to get fired - I've never been fired.
    If you want to get out with a payout then it's great.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Surprised they let you take a laptop, presumably it has confidential stuff on it?
    Nah, nothing much on it.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    This is interesting - I suspect I'm getting close to being fired judging by the conversation I had in the Headmaster...er I mean boss's office.

It did remind me of being back in primary school though - I knew it was a mistake to go permie, but it's a local gig.

anyway for you.

It would be interesting to get fired - I've never been fired.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Surprised they let you take a laptop, presumably it has confidential stuff on it?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You're having to travel further afield though now, aren't you?

Give it time, your past will catch up with you.
    Nobody has heard of me in Ulan Batar yet & they do a lovely Mongolian at the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    With the words 'Told you so' ?

Youngsters these days, no staying power. I haven't been fired or terminated from a role this decade at all.
    You're having to travel further afield though now, aren't you?

Give it time, your past will catch up with you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yep, free money! And I've already had 3 calls from agents I know.
    With the words 'Told you so' ?

Youngsters these days, no staying power. I haven't been fired or terminated from a role this decade at all.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Not forgetting the laptop. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to watch the business unit manager squirm...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Two months extra salary, presumably without having to do the time. Go back and read the OP's post.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh gosh, Mitch I was sooo close! I should actually be in a permie interview now if it wasn't for the agent sending me to the wrong office.

Close shave eh?
    Saved By The Bellend!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Absolutely weird! Its bad enough when your contract isnt renewed when all around you are so what's to celebrate getting sacked even if you want out?
    Two months extra salary, presumably without having to do the time. Go back and read the OP's post.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Congratulations, I guess. On the "redundancy" pay especially. Did you know this was coming and even play up to it a bit, wanting out?

No worries about agents asking about your last employer?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Tis truly the dark side.

On the bench but reading this thread only makes me looker even harder for the next gig.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    I flirted with going permie recently but think it would be death.
    Well, not quite; I'm out and I'm still more than 50% alive. Only a bit more, mind you.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    What's to be celebrated? I hated it, but I've got a load of free training, I'm benched WITH INCOME for another two months, but I'm allowed to go contracting immediately, and I am a contractor again.

Plus; I've learnt an important lesson. Don't go permie if you aren't the big boss. Never mind being underboss, you need to be the big boss.
    +1

That's the only way I will ever go permy.

Congrats Mich!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X