• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much longer will the Prescott twat last ?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    I have a couple of bets on Betfair that TB will be gone by next April
    That depends on Kieren Fallon riding him..

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Brown is a spin merchant par excellence. But once he gets in charge, he will no longer be able to hide when the going gets rough, only to pop up when all is quiet. He will not be able to hold together New Liar. That is and was Blair's talent.

That Northern bollocks highlights what Prescott has always been, namely a token Northerner, an old style class warrier, and a symbol of authenticity and working class roots. All total tripe of course. But the gullible punters swallowed it. The fact that he is incompetent and a lecher is neither here nor there. They're tribal oop Nowuth. Aye lad, tha grand fayther vooted Labour, I voted Labour, and tha'll voote Labour. As tha seen me noo whippet lad?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Disability

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    There's not enough time for the electorate that counts to discover that, assuming they're even capable of noticing. He's not going to cut back on the public sector hiring frenzy or cut off the flow of disability benefits and tax credits to balance the books just before an election.
    Dear Mr Devil,

Speaking as one who is disabled (by way of a bad thumb) and in desparate need of tax credits, let me say: I think your attitude stinks.

Being the victim of a 'bad thumb' I cannot be expected to work, or cope with any real-life situation at all. It is not my fault that I have a Bad Thumb, but I can almost palpably feel the hate and resentment of my neighbours when I go down to the Post Office to collect my Bad Thumb Allowance.

Fact is, I'm far too lazy to get off my arse and I expect the state to indulge me (ethnicity a bonus).

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    I'd prefer to see Brown take over at least a year before the next GE. Enough time for the electorate to discover what a complete mess he's made of the economy.
    There's not enough time for the electorate that counts to discover that, assuming they're even capable of noticing. He's not going to cut back on the public sector hiring frenzy or cut off the flow of disability benefits and tax credits to balance the books just before an election.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    I understand the benefits of Blair 'n Prescott clinging on to the bitter end.

The big downside is the risks of Brown taking over less than 6 months from the GE and wallowing in a political honeymoon period.

I'd prefer to see Brown take over at least a year before the next GE. Enough time for the electorate to discover what a complete mess he's made of the economy.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    He should last until the next GE so people are reminded of the hypocracy of the liebour party...
    Oh yes, hyperD has hit the nail on the head. Prescott and Blair should cling on tenaciously to power using every dirty trick in the book for as long as possible. They should be dragged kicking and screaming from their offices mere days before the next general election.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    I'm interested in the rumours that the slimy worm Milliband may be earmarked to take over from Prescott. With Pat Spewitt and the cabinet office rubbishing the rumours tends to lend more weight to it.

I struggle to see how Blair can afford to keep this twat Prescott on board for much longer. He's doing an immense amount of damage to 'em. On the other hand maybe Blair wants his non-Iraq legacy to be that the moment he goes - so does the Labour Govt. Smiling to himself after a Liebour defeat, "Without me they're nothing".

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    This is from a comment on blog "The Sharpener" :
    A Bergus — posted on July 7th, 2006 at 10:12 am
    Writing as a working class northerner, I hoped and it was voiced amoung my freinds that after Blair won his first ellection he would be kicked out and replaced by prescott within a year. This would have been rather popular up here. Looking back I don’t think he would have done much worse than blair except the record three victorys would probobly be ruled out. Prescot oddly seems more pollished now which is I think a great shame, his early gaffs endeared him to me but his latter slick, spinny, wheel him out to placate the grass roots roll has got on my tits rather. He was good as a battleing hero of the left, he only looks daft as a statesman its like putting a ribbon on an old bull terrier and entering it at cruffs as a poodle.
    Everytime sections of the press berate his northerness I like him a little more, everytime he is on today and well rehersed in toeing the line I like him less currently I remain indifferent and think there are better targets to bring down.
    Loopy logic from "our chums" up-north...

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    More like Boss Hogg from Dukes of Hazard.
    nah ... not neanderthal enough.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I don't think Tone dare sack him as he is one of the only members of the party capable of rousing the grass roots Labour voters.

Just imagine Tone sacks him, 2 shags calls for a leadership election, the old guard back him and he marches the Labour party off to oblivion sining the red flag.
    How sweet would that be. Tone wont let it happen.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    He should last until the next GE so people are reminded of the hypocracy of the liebour party...

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    But won't we miss him? Watching the useless fool floundering about is actually very funny, especially when Labour MPs come on air to defend him!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    John Prescott - Britain's answer to Fred Flintstone ?
    More like Boss Hogg from Dukes of Hazard.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Watch out for Prescott doing a Dr David Kelly. That would pave the way for NL to fool the public into a sympathy vote for GB and for Blair to bow out while the headline writers are busy writing tosh about Prezza.

You read it here first.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Careful Bob, or he will punch you in the face...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X