• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The project manager is on holiday..."

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
    Ta...is it a special CUK one?
    its made of dried tulips if that's any help.

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    Medal's in the post
    Ta...is it a special CUK one?

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    So since Friday (the first day of holiday), I've had two applications packaged and deployed, spoke to a 3rd vendor, cut through the crap and tested an upgrade successfully and amended the requirement spec for this.

Had a nice chat with the DBA and got him to push forward with another piece of work. Created another 2 specs for designs, walked them round the sign off stakeholders and had them approved.

Basically cleared a months backlog that existed because the PM was too busy.

Another 2 days of productivity before it's back to normal, I might take a half day before I have to start banging my head of a brick wall again
    Medal's in the post

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Glad you've been paying attention.

You'd better have my desk nice and clean for when I get back on Friday.
    LOL - I wouldn't take a PM role, don't think my straight talking style would go down too well.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    To even be considered with such royalty is ... is... is... a bloody insult!
    Glad you've been paying attention.

You'd better have my desk nice and clean for when I get back on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I'm impressed!

You're almost as good as Suity and twice as good as MF!

You'll be after my job next!
    To even be considered with such royalty is ... is... is... a bloody insult!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    So since Friday (the first day of holiday), I've had two applications packaged and deployed, spoke to a 3rd vendor, cut through the crap and tested an upgrade successfully and amended the requirement spec for this.

Had a nice chat with the DBA and got him to push forward with another piece of work. Created another 2 specs for designs, walked them round the sign off stakeholders and had them approved.

Another 2 days of productivity before it's back to normal, I might take a half day before I have to start banging my head of a brick wall again
    I'm impressed!

You're almost as good as Suity and twice as good as MF!

You'll be after my job next!

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    I'd be "working from home"
    That's Friday - PM's first day back...

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    I'd be "working from home"

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And you have these tasks detailed in your contract? tsk tsk...

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    started a topic The project manager is on holiday...

The project manager is on holiday...

Working...
X