• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Red Nose Day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Red Nose Day"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I can provide a copy of the invoice if you want.
    Is it the one for unit testing at Silentnight?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Was it cash in hand or figment of the imagination?
    I can provide a copy of the invoice if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    When terry Wigan got in the press a couple of years back regarding being paid for children in Need the bbc argument was that they would have paid to produce program's either way so they were happy to pay performers to appear.
    When we did the gig I wasn't expecting to get paid, six of us in the band at £900 each (£450 per song performed live to the whole network), when the cheque arrived I thought it was just another royalty payment and didn't find out until later it was for CiN. Every performer and host throughout the BBC network that day got paid.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Suity was doing 1 days consultancy for £1700. Now pay up.
    Was it cash in hand or figment of the imagination?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS, but I donated what Suity earned that day.
    Suity was doing 1 days consultancy for £1700. Now pay up.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

So funny I couldn't help but donate what I earned today.
    WHS, but I donated what Suity earned that day.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Many years when Eddie Waring did a performance in Poole. His fee came out of the charity donations which resulted in a loss. There was a big fuss about it at the time and the old git died shortly afterwards.
    Are you suggesting there was a link?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    When terry Wigan got in the press a couple of years back regarding being paid for children in Need the bbc argument was that they would have paid to produce program's either way so they were happy to pay performers to appear.
    Many years when Eddie Waring did a performance in Poole. His fee came out of the charity donations which resulted in a loss. There was a big fuss about it at the time and the old git died shortly afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I did a live gig on telly for Children in Need with lots of other name bands and great fun it was (what a party afterwards).

Three months later I got a cheque from the Beeb for £900 for the two live performances, go figure.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I did a live gig on telly for Children in Need with lots of other name bands and great fun it was (what a party afterwards).

Three months later I got a cheque from the Beeb for £900 for the two live performances, go figure.
    were you a child at the time? did you have needs?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Fook it

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Can't bear it.

Just don't like being press ganged into it.
    Sometimes it doesn't hurt to be reminded that we're extremely lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Can't bear it. Never have been able to.

Big sleb backslapping love in.

I do give to charity though. Just don't like being press ganged into it.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Not so funny yet...
    I found the bit about the little kid dying of tetanus just side-splitting.

So funny I couldn't help but donate what I earned today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X