• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That nightmare gig where I turned down an extension....."

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My replacement has quit after less than two weeks

Wasnt in Harrogate, was it!?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I always like to use my light bulb method on this one

So if a light buld pops you replace it with another light bulb

If that second light bulb pops (within an unacceptable timeframe) you then probably replace it with a third light bulb.

if the third light bulb pops (within an unaccpetbale timeframe) then you go check your fuses and wiring other wise you will just continue to waste money on light bulbs when they are not the problem.

Issue is it requires the hiring company to actually admit they are the problem...

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    That nightmare gig where I turned down an extension.....

I once quit a contract after a month. I felt bad about it until the agent admitted that the previous guy had done the same. And the guy before that. And the one before that. And the 2 before him.

Somehow the client wasn't getting the source of the turnover problem even after 6 of us in a row had quit.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Nothing to do with the pile of poo the previous guy left?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Hi Suity!
    Don't look at me, I'm still very much benched

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    He probably did all the work in two weeks!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Hi Suity!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    SSDD!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Standard terms and conditions?

Leave a comment:

• That nightmare gig where I turned down an extension.....

Working...
X