• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Irish Traveler Culture????"

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, people of Hibernian descent who have made a positive life choice to reside in (semi-) mobile accomodation and find gainful intermittent employ through a creative and liberated interpretation of the tyrannical imperialist concept of personal property.

Is that PC enough?
    Speaking of the Hibees, did anyone see that non-goal at the weekend? Hilarious

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Captain Pike might be a descendant.

But I might be putting 2 and 2 together there to make 5.

And if I recall he wasn't bald.
    Not bald but he did use wheeled transportation

The wheels on your chair go round & round

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    No, people of Hibernian descent who have made a positive life choice to reside in (semi-) mobile accomodation and find gainful intermittent employ through a creative and liberated interpretation of the tyrannical imperialist concept of personal property.

Is that PC enough?
    And who choose to shun the sort of conventional education with weekly spelling tests in favour of the university of hard knocks.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Now just imagine if they were from Romania or Bulgaria

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Sounds good to me.

Are any of them related to Bald Headed War Criminals by any mischance?
    Captain Pike might be a descendant.

But I might be putting 2 and 2 together there to make 5.

And if I recall he wasn't bald.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I was watching one of those gypo wedding shows and there was some idiot in one scene saying how the police would not give him a break and were always accusing him of stealing stuff. Then in the next breath he was bragging about all the stuff he nicked. I guess when he says wanting a bit of slack etc he actually wants a bigger head start.

It pisses me off that they claim that they have this lifestyle which we don't understand and they are discrimminated against, yet they are happy to pick up the benefits our society offers. That they need to this mobile lifestyle which only seems to be mobile once the courts have finally got their @rse into gear, when they have robbed the locals of everything that's not nailed down and after they have wrecked the place where they had been staying.

A complete bunch of hypocritical There was a few of them at Picadilly yesterday. All the girls looked like really, really cheap slags while the lads looked somebody had shaved an ape and forced it into various bits of sportsware and decorated it with the cheapest gold Argos could supply.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    pretty much normal

Sorry to say don't have much time for Pikeys.

And no now you can't call them that anymore its racist
    There have been successful prosecutions over the use of that epithet.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Dunno.

Bald Headed War Criminals I think.

Is that PC enough?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Zeity!
    Ein Wig, Ein Lizard, Ein polystyrene boulder!

Sorry zeity, that just popped into my head.

What was this thread about again?

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    ...and yet he still leaves copper piping lying around outside?
    Oh, he anticipates it now. Doesn't leave anything worthwhile for him to sell off. (but yeah, that was my first thought, too...)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I feel a disturbance in the force.

It's Godwin's Law approaching.

NAZI!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by formant View Post
    I do find they seem to feel they're entitled to steal.
    Having just had my bathroom and boiler redone, they just drive up and grab any leftover copper piping temporarily stored outside with absolutely no shame. And I work from home, so they can see me in the front room. My builder says it happens to him at every single job.
    ...and yet he still leaves copper piping lying around outside?

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    I do find they seem to feel they're entitled to steal.
    Having just had my bathroom and boiler redone, they just drive up and grab any leftover copper piping temporarily stored outside with absolutely no shame. And I work from home, so they can see me in the front room. My builder says it happens to him at every single job.

When we lived in Milton Keynes they broke into our shed and stole a couple of bikes. Luckily they're keener on scrap metal than fancy bikes, so they only took the older, heavier mountain bikes and left the much more pricey road bikes behind. Idiots.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    pretty much normal

Sorry to say don't have much time for Pikeys.

And no now you can't call them that anymore its racist

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Which demonstrates that policing only works when we consent. A few people refusing to comply and the system fails.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X