• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who wants to be a millionaire?"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    SimonMac - go feck yourself, you jealous loser.

Love you more

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Mudskipper - sorry you were too interesting. On the up side - it will allow several beauticians/teachers from Poole the chance to win 4k. Miserable, unthinking chunts
    I'm looking forward to this years tits
    First egg last year was 9 April, but we'd had very mild weather. No eggs yet, but lots of nesting activity, so hopefully will be soon. Will post pics when we get some action.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You will have to be happy with cheating your way to CUK Universally Challenged year after year

Mudskipper - sorry you were too interesting. On the up side - it will allow several beauticians/teachers from Poole the chance to win 4k. Miserable, unthinking chunts
    I'm looking forward to this years tits

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Got an email from them. Although I was awesome, I wasn't awesome enough.

Guess it's back to the day job...
    You will have to be happy with cheating your way to CUK Universally Challenged year after year

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied

Oooooooohhh noooooooooooooo....!

Sorry to hear that.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I'll save that for the swimwear round.
    swimwear round I don't remember that the last time I watched it but I suppose nowadays they'll do anything for ratings.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Not necessarily - the three tend to be border-line candidates, so they want to check them out. The rest will either be a clear yes or a clear no.

Or at least that's how it's worked on the other quizzes that I've auditioned for.
    Maybe, although IMO, everyone there would have made a perfectly good contestant. Everyone had something interesting to say.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    So did you show some cleavage (as suggested on CUK) ?

Any pics
    I'll save that for the swimwear round.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 15 March 2013, 16:28.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Three people were kept back to 'clarify' things so I suspect the rest of us ate a no. Having said that, one of the chaps who stayed back did have the batteryvrun out during his minute so they might have wanted to redo it. Ah well, it was interesting.
    Not necessarily - the three tend to be border-line candidates, so they want to check them out. The rest will either be a clear yes or a clear no.

Or at least that's how it's worked on the other quizzes that I've auditioned for.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Got my fingers crossed for you! What was the audition like? Do they really interview 500 people just for one show?
    Apparently so. It's for 3 shows total 10 to 12 contestants. They don't do the fastest finger thing any more. There were about 20 of us. Had a general knowledge quiz, played a game, then a bit in front of the camera. Three people were kept back to 'clarify' things so I suspect the rest of us ate a no. Having said that, one of the chaps who stayed back did have the battery run out during his minute so they might have wanted to redo it. Ah well, it was interesting.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 15 March 2013, 16:30.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Audition done. They're seeing over 500 people, and need 12 for the show. I ain't holding my breath...
    So did you show some cleavage (as suggested on CUK) ?

Any pics

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Got my fingers crossed for you! What was the audition like? Do they really interview 500 people just for one show?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Audition done. They're seeing over 500 people, and need 12 for the show. I ain't holding my breath...

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    I believe the PAFs are all in rooms near the studio and are monitored to prevent googling. (There was a famous King of Norway question when it was obvious the answer was googled)

In the old days nearly all of the big winners had spent well over £1000 on phone calls to guarantee a call back. Only 100 people (per show) would be called back and given the same question - in my case "How many Sq miles is the island of Jersey?" The nearest 10 to the answer became the 10 in the fastest finger chair. So there was a lot of luck involved in actually getting on the show. (I never got on)

Watch out for me on The Chase shortly (recorded it last November)

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Getting a bit ahead of myself here, but are the winnings taxable? Doesn't seem clear cut.

Audition is on Friday - it says one should 'dress to impress'. Think I might need a lunchtime shopping trip
    Bloody hell !!! Are we finally going to have a CUK millionaire ? None more deserving than Muddy.

Just make sure the dress shows a bit of cleavage and some legs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X