• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the PAFs are all in rooms near the studio and are monitored to prevent googling. (There was a famous King of Norway question when it was obvious the answer was googled)

In the old days nearly all of the big winners had spent well over £1000 on phone calls to guarantee a call back. Only 100 people (per show) would be called back and given the same question - in my case "How many Sq miles is the island of Jersey?" The nearest 10 to the answer became the 10 in the fastest finger chair. So there was a lot of luck involved in actually getting on the show. (I never got on)

Watch out for me on The Chase shortly (recorded it last November)
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Audition done. They're seeing over 500 people, and need 12 for the show. I ain't holding my breath...

Comment

Got my fingers crossed for you! What was the audition like? Do they really interview 500 people just for one show?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Audition done. They're seeing over 500 people, and need 12 for the show. I ain't holding my breath...
          So did you show some cleavage (as suggested on CUK) ?

Any pics

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Got my fingers crossed for you! What was the audition like? Do they really interview 500 people just for one show?
            Apparently so. It's for 3 shows total 10 to 12 contestants. They don't do the fastest finger thing any more. There were about 20 of us. Had a general knowledge quiz, played a game, then a bit in front of the camera. Three people were kept back to 'clarify' things so I suspect the rest of us ate a no. Having said that, one of the chaps who stayed back did have the battery run out during his minute so they might have wanted to redo it. Ah well, it was interesting.
            Last edited by mudskipper; 15 March 2013, 16:30.

Comment

Three people were kept back to 'clarify' things so I suspect the rest of us ate a no. Having said that, one of the chaps who stayed back did have the batteryvrun out during his minute so they might have wanted to redo it. Ah well, it was interesting.
              Not necessarily - the three tend to be border-line candidates, so they want to check them out. The rest will either be a clear yes or a clear no.

Or at least that's how it's worked on the other quizzes that I've auditioned for.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Not necessarily - the three tend to be border-line candidates, so they want to check them out. The rest will either be a clear yes or a clear no.

Or at least that's how it's worked on the other quizzes that I've auditioned for.
                Maybe, although IMO, everyone there would have made a perfectly good contestant. Everyone had something interesting to say.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                So did you show some cleavage (as suggested on CUK) ?

Any pics
                I'll save that for the swimwear round.
                Last edited by mudskipper; 15 March 2013, 16:28.

Comment

I'll save that for the swimwear round.
                  swimwear round I don't remember that the last time I watched it but I suppose nowadays they'll do anything for ratings.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Got an email from them. Although I was awesome, I wasn't awesome enough.

Guess it's back to the day job...

Comment

Got an email from them. Although I was awesome, I wasn't awesome enough.

Guess it's back to the day job...

Oooooooohhh noooooooooooooo....!

Sorry to hear that.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X