• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BMF

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BMF"

Collapse

• Unix
    replied
    Saw them near Glasgow Uni the other day when it was nearly 30 degrees as I was on my long walk. I thought why would you do that to your body only damages it. Most of these people probably work in an office not on the front line. If you want to lose weight count calories using my fitness pal and get a fit bit and try and hit your goals.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Do I need to google?
    I was surprised to see this above British Motorcyclists Federation in Google.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Do I need to google?
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1956492

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Should have done it as a parody thread

Do I need to google?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Unbelievable
    Should have done it as a parody thread

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    How often are the sessions? Could you do fewer per week to give more recovery time?
    Could do - they have a 'pay as you go' package which I thought about (I really liked their running club) but it works out over £14 a session which seems a bit excessive.

The sessions I found hardest were the ones where they pair you up and you have to, for example, do 100 sit ups between you. Lower back starts complaining on #6, but if you wuss out, your partner is doing 94, so you keep going.

I'll take a break, but try and keep some of the exercises going within my limits, and maybe get a bit more swimming in too which I've neglected of late.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I lasted a month.

Done 16 sessions - mostly enjoyed them, but lots of niggles - back pain, hip pain and shoulder pain, so thinking it's probably a bit full on for me. Quitting at the end of the month.
    How often are the sessions? Could you do fewer per week to give more recovery time?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    I lasted a month.

Done 16 sessions - mostly enjoyed them, but lots of niggles - back pain, hip pain and shoulder pain, so thinking it's probably a bit full on for me. Quitting at the end of the month.
    Its not so much that it is full on, its unforgiving and detrimental if you are prone to niggles and does not address that.

As a result its a whim and people dont last long.

Dont be hard on yourslef, they simply do not cover joint strength and protection - just keep flogging yourself to the end....

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    I lasted a month.

How about taking a couple of weeks off and trying again?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    BMF
    Unbelievable

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I lasted a month.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    No doubt about the marketing, but I think they're all meant to be ex-forces. Obviously that presents some questions in itself - an Ex Para PTI is going to be somewhat more useful than someone who did a couple of years with RLC.
    Fitness Trainers | British Military Fitness

They've all served in the military, and they've all got personal training qualifications.

It wasn't like military training - it was very friendly and encouraging. You got a well done for managing 2 pressups rather than being shouted at for not managing the 5 you were supposed to do!

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I don't know what's involved, but the fitness level required to serve in the British Army (BFTs etc) is appallingly low. That is for men in their 20s & 30s though.

I think the 'military' thing is a marketing stunt, but organised training in groups (outside) has gotta be more motivating than going solo for most people.
    No doubt about the marketing, but I think they're all meant to be ex-forces. Obviously that presents some questions in itself - an Ex Para PTI is going to be somewhat more useful than someone who did a couple of years with RLC.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    I don't know what's involved, but the fitness level required to serve in the British Army (BFTs etc) is appallingly low. That is for men in their 20s & 30s though.

I think the 'military' thing is a marketing stunt, but organised training in groups (outside) has gotta be more motivating than going solo for most people.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Thankfully they seem to have been banned from the local parks.

Running about in big group like they owned the place, screaming and shouting. They did my tits in.
    That's a shame. Glasgow has the lowest life expectancy in the UK. Anything that encourages people to do a bit of physical activity has got to be a positive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X