• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Missing me ole pals"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Very occasionally you will hook up with someone who turns into a mate but almost everyone else will be a friend of convenience. You are helping them get through the day and vice versa, game of footy, the odd ale etc.
    Easy to test this, you leave, get an invite to a get together and spend the time saying - is so and so still there, does phil still come in late every day blah blah. Then they will start talking about something that happened that week. You weren't there, all you had in common was you worked together, it's all over, move on.
    3 weeks after anyone leaves, no-one even remembers what they look like....

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    I've been a victim of this and its been down to management pressure at one place because they saw ending the contract as rejecting a full time role.

I found it upsetting at the time, until one guy mailed me and let slip that the boss wasn't happy I left....

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Think you need to get yourself down to the whore house too. I can give you some, er, suggestions...
    I'm ok thanks, I have the Internet...

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    brought a tear to my eye.
    Think you need to get yourself down to the whore house too. I can give you some, er, suggestions...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    It's a bit like life really. We will all die and after a while we will be forgotten.... Hence we need religion to make sense out of this otherwise crazy and pointless existence.
    brought a tear to my eye.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Then have a pot noodle.

It's stops you from feeling hungry til you get home.

Contractor beginners course lesson #4 stuff
    By pot noodle do you mean a cheap street hooker or a

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    but what if I just want a snack??
    Then have a pot noodle.

It's stops you from feeling hungry til you get home.

Contractor beginners course lesson #4 stuff

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    but what if I just want a snack??

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    anyone married who wants to keep their warchest.
    You know what they say - you can have a look at the menu but you have to come home for dinner.....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Who needs to go home for that?
    anyone married who wants to keep their warchest.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Getting laid on weekday evenings is rather nice too.
    Who needs to go home for that?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Splitter!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Since going permie a couple of months ago I'm quite enjoying going home every evening; the 'business meals' in good restaurants were fun but I enjoy going home and eating meatballs and mash with Lady Tester. Getting laid on weekday evenings is rather nice too.

Still, glad I still have my contractor warchest intact.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I'm meeting old chums from previous gig for a mango beer or 3 tonight. I do miss the craic though - current lot aren't friendly.
    show-off!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I'm meeting old chums from previous gig for a mango beer or 3 tonight. I do miss the craic though - current lot aren't friendly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X