• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: House Prices

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "House Prices"

Collapse

• Mustang
    replied
    Where do you get a fixed term for 7 years at 2.2%?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    My grasp of economics is not so good - but it seems that most of the levers for inflation are actually government controlled:

Utilities: monopolostic entities recently allowed to raise prices well above inflation -water alone went up 20% last year. Strategic planning would leave UK less vulnerable to price swings

Fuel - ok oil is at $70 @barrel but tax is the major component of price at the pump reduce the tax component to stabilise prices, help industry and economy - may mean less to give to Africa but who really gives a feck about Africa

Used to be pay rises that raised inflation - with all the immigration I think pay has stabilised to reflect increse in labour pool

And the contents of the RPI of course...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Yes immigration is the answer.

The more that come in, the better off we all are.

Here's the proof:

House prices will rise due to demand.
    Pay rises will fall and hence inflation will fall.
    They will wipe my bum when I'm older.
    We won't have any of them nasty skills shortages.

I'm just annoyed the government seem to think 1,000,000 a year is enough.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    My grasp of economics is not so good - but it seems that most of the levers for inflation are actually government controlled:

Utilities: monopolostic entities recently allowed to raise prices well above inflation -water alone went up 20% last year. Strategic planning would leave UK less vulnerable to price swings

Fuel - ok oil is at $70 @barrel but tax is the major component of price at the pump reduce the tax component to stabilise prices, help industry and economy - may mean less to give to Africa but who really gives a feck about Africa

Used to be pay rises that raised inflation - with all the immigration I think pay has stabilised to reflect increse in labour pool

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    No mortgage thank feck. Maybe now I can buy that row of terraces that I always dreamed of. You need dreams.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Ah! He's a permie...explains the Bedsit in Surreyville

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Hey Francko have you finally dumped the "trappings" of permiedom.

"The contractor among contractors"

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Terrace?
    Dear boy raise your sights a little...A semi is the minimum
    In London? then there should be at least a 50% crash then.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    So I can buy a terraced house in Surrey finally.
    Terrace?
    Dear boy raise your sights a little...A semi is the minimum

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    crash crash crash

So I can buy a terraced house in Surrey finally.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Bring it on

Fixed rate - 7 years @ 2.2%. We could have bought for cash, but at that rate, it seemed rude not to borrow the money.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyber Controller
    No mortgage. Bought for cash. Double sorted.

Thats the plan for the next one. Was permie when I bought this one so didnt have the required liquidity at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Controller
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    What we need are more immigrants. I hope the government is listening.
    And shared equity deals financed by highter taxation.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    What we need are more immigrants. I hope the government is listening.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Controller
    replied
    I'm a real contractor

Originally posted by DaveB
    Fixed rate mortgage, sorted.
    No mortgage. Bought for cash. Double sorted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X