• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What happened to the price of Tuna"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    To hell with tuna.

It's salmon prices I am worried about!
    Salmon hasn't really gone up as much in price as loads of it's farmed.

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Personally I prefer Heinz baked beans and Guinness rather than those "own brand" sound-alikes you mention.
    But their taste has changed due to the food police demanding less salt, sugar, fats etc.

ps. branston beans are the best at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    No economy drive round these parts.

The farmfoods is behind the Sainsbury's I got my potatoes in this evening, I noticed the tuna price as I walked past and my perfectly ordered mind referenced this thread.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    To hell with tuna.

It's salmon prices I am worried about!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They both sell tuna.

You can get posh tuna or German sourced tuna. I don't know what the difference in taste is.
    Paprika, probably...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    What has that got to do with the price of fish?
    They both sell tuna.

You can get posh tuna or German sourced tuna. I don't know what the difference in taste is.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Oddly every place there is a Waitrose there is a Lidl.
    What has that got to do with the price of fish?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Farmfoods are doing 3 * 4 packs for a tenner.

Just wanted you all to know.
    What is this "Farmfoods" of which you speak?

I've not seen any near me - then again there is no Iceland local to me either though there are Lidls and Waitroses. Oddly every place there is a Waitrose there is a Lidl.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Well 2 big frozen tuna steaks are only 3 quid. Had it last night and was delicious.

If there is such a premium for the same stuff in cans I have a new business idea.

Lets just buy frozen tuna in bulk, cook it, stick it in cans, and hey ho its value has magically gone up massively.

Anyone want to join in this innovative business idea?

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Well 2 big frozen tuna steaks are only 3 quid. Had it last night and was delicious.

If there is such a premium for the same stuff in cans I have a new business idea.

Lets just buy frozen tuna in bulk, cook it, stick it in cans, and hey ho its value has magically gone up massively.

Anyone want to join in this innovative business idea?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    There's no Waitrose near me although I do make the trip there at least once a month. I have little choice in my area, Tesco is the nearest but I hate the place and there's a Morrison's reasonably close but I can't go there without hitting the cafe for a sausage, egg, beans & chips which is excellent when I feel the urge for stodge.

Morrison's butcher is pretty decent but I tend to use the local village butchers who can provide me with exactly what I want with cuts of meat that I specify, I can phone ahead and it's waiting for me when I get there. Eggs from a local farm and best of all veg from Lidl which is superior to supermarket offerings. I don't care about price I care about quality and service and surprisingly Lidl and Aldi can easily offer quality products, being cheapr is just a bonus.

I don't do processed foods anyway I actually like to cook.

Shopping snobs? Get real and support your local businesses.
    Lidl does have good veg, also their nurnberger sausages are fairly decent. And quite a lot of the cold cuts.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Fishy thread resurrection

And Farmfoods. Psychocandy and the other jobless, warchestly fools will be along in a minute to take pity on you.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Try poundland?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Were the spelling mistakes deliberate?

Personally I prefer Heinz baked beans and Guinness rather than those "own brand" sound-alikes you mention.
    I don't do the shopping, and I expect the black stuff served in a glass for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X