• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "All this horse meat malarkey"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The overwhelming pong of curry puts me off.

(Allergic, so can't be too careful).
    To curries or Bobs?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    If you turned up one morning and there was a dead bob at his desk, could you carry him down to the canteen and stick him in the oven for lunch?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    It's not the horsemeat that bothers me. It's the knowing that they can probably put any old 5hit in the product and no one would ever know (at least until some inspector turns up and does a proper test).

All this malarkey will probably keep me away from any type of processed meat. I'll stick to proper meats like steak, etc - i'm a contractor and can afford it after all
    WKCS

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I'm not even going to click those links.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    What about cannibalism?
    Do we buy meat from the DRC?

Hellish scenes of mob killings and cannibalism in DR Congo | The Observers
    BBC NEWS | World | Africa | UN condemns DR Congo cannibalism

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    It's not the horsemeat that bothers me. It's the knowing that they can probably put any old 5hit in the product and no one would ever know (at least until some inspector turns up and does a proper test).

All this malarkey will probably keep me away from any type of processed meat. I'll stick to proper meats like steak, etc - i'm a contractor and can afford it after all

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    WSMS. He's swallowed far worst.

WORSE how ignorant can one get?

I have eaten horse and quite enjoyed it - cooked some up on the barbie in France.
    Tesco et al could try buying stuff from British farmers if they cared about traceability or animal welfare. But they evidently don't.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Is that the mane ingredient?
    Stop it now. You're flogging a dead horse.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Why do Findus put lots of cheese in their lasagnes?

To Mascarpony

Is that the mane ingredient?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    What about cannibalism?
    If you turned up one morning and there was a dead bob at his desk, could you carry him down to the canteen and stick him in the oven for lunch?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Horse.......Meat...Stuff

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

It's not the amount of horse, dog, cat, rat that puts me off because we've all probably been eating it since processed foods became the norm.

The bit that really has me worried is how much of it is actually Soylent Green

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    KUATB

Originally posted by MarillionFan

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    How many cans of fozzies did that take?
    I think it took her about twenty, for her standards to fall far enough

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I remember once , when I was in the army, I was so desperate I ate a scabby dog. Tracy, I think her name was, but that's for another thread

How many cans of fozzies did that take?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X