• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Neigh, neigh, neigh"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    And for the 90% who can't afford that?

Let them eat cake.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    No wonder we've all got long faces..

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    If it tastes like Beef what is the problem ? Nobody who ate the burgers complained that it felt like eating a horse.
    Nobody complained it felt like eating beef either....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The BSE figures are down again
    Humans or cows?

http://www.cjd.ed.ac.uk/documents/figs.pdf

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The BSE figures are down again

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What do you expect if you buy budget, tatsteless crap from supermarkets and brands who squeeze farmers and suppliers to the bone?
    Get fresh meat sourced from a British farm, from your local butcher or Waitrose, FFS.
    And for the 90% who can't afford that?

Actually... stop eating so much meat might be the answer.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    I was going to have burgers for tea but they're off

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If it's advertised as beef, it should be beef. Also horses may have received drugs that shouldn't go into the food chain.

I'm surprised a big company like Findus aren't doing their own QA testing on the meat that they're using.

If it tastes like Beef what is the problem ? Nobody who ate the burgers complained that it felt like eating a horse.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    If it's advertised as beef, it should be beef. Also horses may have received drugs that shouldn't go into the food chain.

I'm surprised a big company like Findus aren't doing their own QA testing on the meat that they're using.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Meat men do their calculations by the kilo -
    how do meat wimmin do their calculations?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    At any horse sales you'll see plenty of meat men buybing horses for way less than you'd ever pay for a cow! My wifes sister is a bit of a horse nut and her and her mates bought one for about £30
    Meat men do their calculations by the kilo - that's about 6p/kg for an average sized horse.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Do you have any facts on hand which says that food producers started using horsemeat after the coalition got rid of food inspectors ?

No ? I thought as much. All those quangos did nothing but rake in hefty salaries for sitting on their arses all day and doing pen pushing.
    He's Tory bashing, it's like watching Steve Coogan salivate on Question Time QT: Steve Coogan talks 'bollocks' to Kirstie Allsopp (27Sept12) - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    At any horse sales you'll see plenty of meat men buybing horses for way less than you'd ever pay for a cow! My wifes sister is a bit of a horse nut and her and her mates bought one for about £30

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The economic geniuses of the coalition got rid of the food inspectors to save money. What could possibly go wrong with that?

Do you have any facts on hand which says that food producers started using horsemeat after the coalition got rid of food inspectors ?

No ? I thought as much. All those quangos did nothing but rake in hefty salaries for sitting on their arses all day and doing pen pushing.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Wasn't Defra set up to protect the food chain after BSE?
    The economic geniuses of the coalition got rid of the food inspectors to save money. What could possibly go wrong with that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X