• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cash missing... suspect cleaner... how to handle?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    What would Dexter do?
    For a pickpocket? Nowt. I don't think they're bumping off any of their clients

Leave a comment:

• Quagmire
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    There is seeking punishment to correct a wrong, and seeking punishment out of a sense of vengeance or desire for revenge.
    Exactly, I am not saying you shall not forgive her, but only after she admits her guilt and/or is punished. Christian values are great help in this sort of things, but IMHO you can only forgive, once there is admission of guilt and it all sees the light of the day.

Otherwise you are not making any favour to yourself or the robber.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I'd just shoot the c***. Shallow grave in the hills, reduce the grief from that gene pool.

Well that's how I was brought up.
    Bloody liberals.

It is perfectly legal to secretly film people in your own home. There's a small chance it might not be admissible in court, but that's the only problem.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    There is seeking punishment to correct a wrong, and seeking punishment out of a sense of vengeance or desire for revenge.

Leave a comment:

• Quagmire
    replied
    Hello! I have been reading this board for a while, but only now decided to register and chip in.

I find it astonishing that OP considered not doing the most he could to have this cleaner receive as severe punishment as possible. Either by embarrassing her/him in front of company chief/employees or by reporting to authorities.

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" and all that mumble. I know what she did is not genocide, but you have to straighten things like that out.. otherwise you simply become a participant in all her future wrongdoing.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Why are you not feeling great? You're not the one on the rob....

Got a real thing about people who think they can have things for free. The rest of us work hard to get what we want so why should someone find the easy way and rob. Deserves all she gets to be honest.

She is working hard, she is cleaning Dhoogs house FFS !

Also, you seem to think robbing is easy, try it yourself !

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Earlier in the thread people were talking about the legality of the filming.

Did the officer mention anything about that?
    Not at all. Asked us to email or burn a copy.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Good timing. We considered what to do and spoke to some older people we trust, and they all advised we should contact the police in the first instance. So we did, and a nice lady officer came round this evening to discuss. Apparently they will ask the lady to come in, and if she doesn't the evidence is strong enough they'd forcibly arrest her in cuffs!

I was not feeling great about that, but the officer did point out that the cleaner looks totally calm as she goes through my wallet - no furtive glances around, no signs of nerves - which suggests this isn't anything new for her.

So, we'll see. If I suddenly disappear you'll know I've been murdered...
    Earlier in the thread people were talking about the legality of the filming.

Did the officer mention anything about that?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    The rest of us work hard
    Speak for yourself

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Good timing. We considered what to do and spoke to some older people we trust, and they all advised we should contact the police in the first instance. So we did, and a nice lady officer came round this evening to discuss. Apparently they will ask the lady to come in, and if she doesn't the evidence is strong enough they'd forcibly arrest her in cuffs!

I was not feeling great about that, but the officer did point out that the cleaner looks totally calm as she goes through my wallet - no furtive glances around, no signs of nerves - which suggests this isn't anything new for her.

Why are you not feeling great? You're not the one on the rob....

Got a real thing about people who think they can have things for free. The rest of us work hard to get what we want so why should someone find the easy way and rob. Deserves all she gets to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    I'd just shoot the c***. Shallow grave in the hills, reduce the grief from that gene pool.

You have to adapt with the times.

Don't bury the body - more use in a "value" meal and you'd probably get 20 quid from the local meat processing plant.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Harsh but fair............not to mention highly effective.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    I think its the right course of action, not all of the people she cleans for will have an ipad knocking around to catch her, but may have suspected it. For all anyone knows cleaning may only be her side job, which gets her access to properties to hoover up the cash lying around!

You dont need to press charges, but get her a caution so if she does get caught again it will not be so simple to ignire. Im sorry but theft is theft, regardless of the income of the person stealing, most cleaners are honest and dont feel the need to steal.

Its not even like its some corporate stock losses from someone working minimum wage in retail, this is personal theft from your home, your wallet! Would anyone be so forgiving if a pickpocket knabbed £10 and then slipped the wallet back in your pocket!

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied

I think its the right course of action, not all of the people she cleans for will have an ipad knocking around to catch her, but may have suspected it. For all anyone knows cleaning may only be her side job, which gets her access to properties to hoover up the cash lying around!

You dont need to press charges, but get her a caution so if she does get caught again it will not be so simple to ignire. Im sorry but theft is theft, regardless of the income of the person stealing, most cleaners are honest and dont feel the need to steal.

Its not even like its some corporate stock losses from someone working minimum wage in retail, this is personal theft from your home, your wallet! Would anyone be so forgiving if a pickpocket knabbed £10 and then slipped the wallet back in your pocket!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X