• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Labour to win the next election"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Anyone considering voting UKIP should take a look at their policies on their website, very lacking in detail on how they will actually do things.

The Tory policies are very detailed, then they completely ignore them.

I'd rather a party that has broad policies and follows them thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The prospect of Ed Balls running this economy scares the bejesus out of me, GB may well be shafted but FFS please don't let Labour back in at this point.
    The balls/milliband combo is absolutely terrifying.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    The coalition are banking on the economy being on the up by the time of the next election. Although this is what we all want (Labour politician's excepted), there is alot on the horizon that is going to delay an serious upturn, the EU crisis, the US budget issues etc.

However, assuming an upturn is here by 2015, I do believe much of the electorate will give the Conservatives another chance. Not many will vote Liberal, Labour will be able to depend on its vote, the UKIP support is soft, I think if Cameron is able to deal with the concerns over the EU, the UKIP support will shrink to almost nothing.

Someone mentioned Labour support in Scotland, if I was Cameron I would be backing Scottish independence, this will make it much easier to get a true Conservative government at Westminster.

Anyone considering voting UKIP should take a look at their policies on their website, very lacking in detail on how they will actually do things.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    My brother used to be a campaign manager for someone who holds office at this minute ( no names given ), privately he is adamant that labour will win the next election. The only way I can see the coalition turning this around is if Torys and Libs in marginals decide to work together and some people stand down for one to run as a Tory/Lib candidate.

The prospect of Ed Balls running this economy scares the bejesus out of me, GB may well be shafted but FFS please don't let Labour back in at this point.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Why?
    Quite, considering Labour are lead by a millionaire bed wetter it shouldn't matter

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    They'd be mad to pick Boris, IMO. They need someone young and non-Etonian.

Why?

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    They'd be mad to pick Boris, IMO. They need someone young and non-Etonian.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    We could always see Cameron ousted in a leadership challenge before the next election. Then the coast would be clear for a UKIP-Tory pact.
    If the Conservatives get pushed into third place in the Euro elections in 2014, then I give Cameron a month.

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    We could always see Cameron ousted in a leadership challenge before the next election. Then the coast would be clear for a UKIP-Tory pact.
    It's a possibility. But if it's Cameron out, then my money is on Boris being in.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    UKIP are a little too socially conservative for my liking. They're still far better than any other serious party though.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    No, do it, really.

It'll have a beneficial effect longer term in forcing bedwetter Europhiliac Tories to confront the fact that their policies are unacceptable.
    WOS. It's already working with the defection of serious numbers of Tories to UKIP. Make no mistake this is the only thing that has put a referendum on Cameron's agenda. The more people that defect to UKIP the better. (I've been a UKIP member for four years).

I actually think it's the average (actually working) blue collar Labour voter who has the most to gain by voting UKIP rather than the Tories.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    The only certainty in 2015 is that the government will get bigger and we poorer.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    The next election could be Labour's last chance. If Scotland votes for independance and therefore there are no Scottish MP's at Westminster, then they will lose a fair number of MP's.

I think at the next election we will see a rise in the % of the vote gained by parties outside of the Con Lab Lib trinity, although possibly not enough to gain seats.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I'll vote for ATW Party - it's the only vote that makes sense.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X