• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "We're all in it together"

Collapse

• formant
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    It's ironic that immature, ignorant and naive people like students....
    Yeah, I mean, look at you being all nice!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    IRA ceasefire was in 96, Labour brought in the Terrorism Act in 2000 with stop and search powers.

In the 5 year period where there was feck all terrorist activity Labour bring in powers to search you without reason on only the suspicion that you might be a terrorist.

Nazi Labour.
    It's ironic that immature, ignorant and naive people like students generally assume the Tories are the nasty fascists and Labour are the liberal nice guys, when in fact the truth is the exact opposite.

I guess each generation has to find out the hard way.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I havent felt safe under the governments of this country for 15 years, they certainty dont work in my interests and have changed the face of this country beyond recognition through mass-immigration, started false wars and routinely ignore the will of the electorate. Compared to that, this is nothing.
    IRA ceasefire was in 96, Labour brought in the Terrorism Act in 2000 with stop and search powers.

In the 5 year period where there was feck all terrorist activity Labour bring in powers to search you without reason on only the suspicion that you might be a terrorist.

Nazi Labour.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    I havent felt safe under the governments of this country for 15 years, they certainty dont work in my interests and have changed the face of this country beyond recognition through mass-immigration, started false wars and routinely ignore the will of the electorate. Compared to that, this is nothing.
    And that's why it really pissed me off. We have a political system that is pulling such treacherous clangers in our name, that when it gets to the point that it decides it can just say "hey all you lot that thought that what you were doing was inside the law, well we have changed our mind so cough up..." We say meh...

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Really? So you think it's a safe place to be when the legislature can retrospectively change a law to move people into an illegal position?

Regardless of the loophole that was closed no government should have that power.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    David Cameron finds out about policies from the newspapers, reveals Steve Hilton - Telegraph

This about sums it up...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I think this ties in with a broader issue of political reform. We should merge the houses of commons and lords and rename it the house of corrupt tosspots living in la la land. The whole kit and caboodle should be moved out of london to somewhere a bit run down like Bradford which will make life much cheaper for the poor little darlings.
    FTFY.

Bradford even has a spare building plot slap bang in the middle of the city centre.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    I can think of more important things to trigger a civil war...
    Really? So you think it's a safe place to be when the legislature can retrospectively change a law to move people into an illegal position?

Regardless of the loophole that was closed no government should have that power.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Indeed. The Prime Minister must have been fuming.
    Flipping iPad auto corrected to the wrong word...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Personally I am not involved but I think it was such a dangerous president to set, it is almost worth a civil war...
    Indeed. The Prime Minister must have been fuming.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    No it was the one where HMRC went to court to clarify a technicality then said Woops well we never meant it to meant this so the ruling must count retrospectively cough up all of you that did what we said not what we meant...

Personally I am not involved but I think it was such a dangerous president to set, it is almost worth a civil war...
    I can think of more important things to trigger a civil war. Interestingly if you put Section 58 into google most of the hits are to do with digging the road up. Until the 8th result which is here.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Was that the one about not promoting homosexuality in schools?
    No it was the one where HMRC went to court to clarify a technicality then said Woops well we never meant it to meant this so the ruling must count retrospectively cough up all of you that did what we said not what we meant...

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    +1000

Exactly how section 58 got carried through.
    Was that the one about not promoting homosexuality in schools?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Because by and large they sit around in the boardroom deciding what they are paid.
    I mean the CEO not the directors.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Doesn't matter how good MPs are... the orders get carried out by the total gits at the top of the civil service. They are the ones that twist the policies and game the system. The top jobs should be three year contracts picked like jury service from a more limited pool. Civil service pensions should also be banned completely.
    +1000

Exactly how section 58 got carried through.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X