• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Greece sinks further into daprivity"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Not to mention whirling dervishes of course.
    They don't like it up 'em either.

Although actually I suspect a lot of them do.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    not sure about that, I think many are quite enlightened. I and a few others are quite well off.

The basic issue with the economy is that banks gambled with high risk investments and their respective governments let them.
    No it isn't. The central banks (particluarly the federal reserve) forced an easy money policy on us by holding down interest rates whilst inflating their currencies. Bank overleveraging in the housing market was the symptom not the cause.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    As in
    oops 1892 :

Fuzzy-Wuzzy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was actually thinking about the Harry Enfield sketch, but yes Corporal Jones mentioned it as well.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    1870s?

W*gs and C**ns were the terms of choice in the 70s.

If I remember my Alf Garnet correctly.
    agree more 1910's

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    TBH I think the European economic problems are actually showing how backward we all are.
    not sure about that, I think many are quite enlightened. I and a few others are quite well off.

The basic issue with the economy is that banks gambled with high risk investments and their respective governments let them.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    was meant to be tongue in cheek and to illustrate how backward they are.
    TBH I think the European economic problems are actually showing how backward we all are.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Shouldn't this post be dated at some time in the 1970s?
    was meant to be tongue in cheek and to illustrate how backward they are.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Lt Col Christos Manouras of the Hellenic police force says operation Xenios Zeus, launched last August, has slowed down the flow of illegal immigrants. Anyone who looks foreign, or who has aroused suspicion, may be stopped, he says.
    "If someone is stopped by the police and they do not have a valid means of identification we will accompany them to the station until their nationality can be determined," he explains.
    "I think that is normal and I would expect Greeks to be subjected to the same treatment abroad."
    No, Lt Col Manouras, it is not normal and in countries that respect the privacy and liberty of the individual, like Britain, foreigners who arouse suspicion are treated humanely, i.e. they get 7 shots through the head as they get on an underground train. Citizens who arouse the suspicion of a psychopathic police officer are, on the other hand, kicked tulipless until they collapse and die on the street.

I don't think I've ever used the :nazi: smiley before, but this looks like an opportune moment.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Methinks you haven't read the original article.

quick precis :

Greek's economy is shafted, we can tell because their Police beat up all the fuzzie wuzzies because they think they are illegals.
    Shouldn't this post be dated at some time in the 1970s?

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    All the great ecomomic powers went through similar crisises before rising to become super powers ecomically. Greece apparently has more oil under the Igean Sea than a Glasgow fish supper. They will rise soon.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Thankfully no and I don't intend to go there either
    It has lots of nice parks.

But I wouldn't go outside them.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Methinks you have drifted into the wrong thread.
    Methinks you haven't read the original article.

quick precis :

Greek's economy is shafted, we can tell because their Police beat up all the fuzzie wuzzies because they think they are illegals.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    If your taxes were blown on yachts for politicians and bonusses for the bankers that helped your government and the EU to cook the books, you'd be pretty lackadaisical about paying taxes too. At least, I would.
    Nope instead they've been used to top up peoples wages in terms of benefits, bailout the banks and provide for immigrants

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You've never been to Liverpool have you?
    Thankfully no and I don't intend to go there either

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    "daprivity" is a new word to me

This thread has the top result for a google search

but I also note a " the girls guide to daprivity" listed which sounds v. interesting but my safe search suggests I don't go there!
    Perhaps he means 'da privy'. First linky on google image search for 'privy';

Leave a comment:

Working...
X