• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor mortgages - straw poll"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I am a mole and I live in a hole.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    WTF is it with mortgages this week? Seems to be the default stick for newbies to start poking through the CUK bars with.
    It's how the housing market works. No one views houses in December, agents are shut between xmas and new year so Jan is the new start. We had 2 viewings on ours 6 weeks up to xmas and we have 3 this weekend alone.

I'm sure most peoples annual income is circa £7.5k. As for their anal income, that's usually a cash in hand affair and not disclosed on finance application forms.
    Shame you can't differentiate income from salary.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    We all earn minimum wage here.

Or even if we did earn in the top 5% earner bracket we would still end up with minimum wages because of the taxes.

I sleep in a tent, who has the money to buy a house.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Hurricane View Post

Lets see if you can learn some manners...
    In General??

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    The first 3 are fair questions I suppose.

The information is purely to satisfy my personal curiosity - I am a contractor considering a house purchase. Rest assured that there is no ulterior motive.

Do you realise that these questions are highly intrusive, especially for a complete stranger on a public forum?

Perhaps if you asked for advice about your situation then people might be prepared to advice you, although please ensure you have used the search feature before you ask.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    WTF is it with mortgages this week? Seems to be the default stick for newbies to start poking through the CUK bars with.

I'm sure most peoples annual income is circa £7.5k. As for their anal income, that's usually a cash in hand affair and not disclosed on finance application forms.

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    I was under the impression that it wasn't the best of manners to ask strangers how much they earn about their personal assets

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I think you have mis judged your audience, we are all über wealthy and paid for all our many houses in cash, usually a briefcase full like they do in the television land
    We are not all assguru you know.

Are you asking someone out to Bridgwater?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Contractor mortgages - straw poll

Did u search?

And 'annal income' - is that 'annual income' or 'anal income' - we get all sorts here...

Leave a comment:

• Hurricane
    replied
    The first 3 are fair questions I suppose.

The information is purely to satisfy my personal curiosity - I am a contractor considering a house purchase. Rest assured that there is no ulterior motive.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Morning all,

Would like to find out some specifics regarding those of you with a contractor mortgage, in particular the following:

- Total amount borrowed (including this figure as a % of annal income)
    - deposit requirement
    - Interest rate
    - When did you take the mortgage out?
    - Mortgage provider

Appreciate any help that you good people can provide
    I think you have mis judged your audience, we are all über wealthy and paid for all our many houses in cash, usually a briefcase full like they do in the television land

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I would like to find out some specifics about yourself first, if that is okay?

- who are you?
    - why do you want this information?
    - how will it be used?
    - why don't you take a running jump?

Leave a comment:

• Hurricane
    started a topic Contractor mortgages - straw poll

Contractor mortgages - straw poll

Morning all,

Would like to find out some specifics regarding those of you with a contractor mortgage, in particular the following:

- Total amount borrowed (including this figure as a % of annal income)
    - deposit requirement
    - Interest rate
    - When did you take the mortgage out?
    - Mortgage provider

Appreciate any help that you good people can provide

Working...
X