• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Well that was a close one"

Collapse

• Safe Collections
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    FTFY
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
    Indeed, but conversely that contractor may not want to give the dodgy client co any ammunition to use to delay or discount what is owed any further.

OP definitely dodged a bullet

And the moral of that story folks, never assume your pimp has done anything!
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Safe Collections
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Don't doubt the validity of your claims, but if I were the contractor onsite at the time, I wouldn't still be there with 2 months of outstanding invoices.
    Indeed, but conversely that contractor may not want to give the dodgy client co any ammunition to use to delay or discount what is owed any further.

OP definitely dodged a bullet

And the moral of that story folks, never assume your pimp has credit checked the end client!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    You could have got a few extra points on the inland revenue IR35 thingy if you took it and they didn't pay. Obviously only a real business has to write off bad debts!!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Ask for a bag of cash in a tesco carrier bag every monday morning?

Like someone said, bit dodgy no interview, but then hes obviously desperate and no loss if he aint gonna pay anyway....

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    One option would be to get the entire contract value up front in a non reversible transfer, then start

Otherwise; politely of course; tell this "Director" to feck orf!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Alarm bell stuff. So offering you the work without the interview. Well if you're not planning to pay nothing to lose.

Is this a possible name and shame?
    Not a household name although they have some big name clients. Not gonna take the chance on naming them.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Alarm bell stuff. So offering you the work without the interview. Well if you're not planning to pay nothing to lose.

Is this a possible name and shame?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Don't doubt the validity of your claims, but if I were the contractor onsite at the time, I wouldn't still be there with 2 months of outstanding invoices.
    Exactly that, that's his call but I'm not going to take any chances and still feel lucky he took the effort to give me a head's up, had the director bothered to turn up at the appointed time I'd be none the wiser.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Did you go through with the interview or just up and leave?
    After having a coffee with the contractor I'd be replacing I called the pimp and said the tech wasn't my bag so I'm not interested.

I've had more voicemails left since by the director who didn't show asking me to start at 9am tomorrow and 'we can work something out about payment' bypassing the agency. Nice to feel wanted

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Did you go through with the interview or just up and leave?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    onwards and upwards sir!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Nicely dodged sir

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    The Gods were smiling on you. Surely the pimp must know about their payment history.
    They use different agencies each iteration. I thought pimps would have passed this information among themselves but apparently not in this case.

Anyway if the agent can't be bothered to do their own due diligence then I'm not doing it for them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X