• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Four candles

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Four candles"

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I once asked for a cr4p suzette when I was very drunk. I had no idea I had said it either.
    How did it taste

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    He then went on to order dessert and asked for the Sorbet - stressing the T on the end
    I once asked for a cr4p suzette when I was very drunk. I had no idea I had said it either.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    And how they laughed in the restaurant when you visited it the next time, at the thought of what they had wanked in your grub
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    And how they laughed in the restaurant when you visited it the next time, at the thought of what they had put in your grub

Which reminds me, the dog needs a wok. Badooomtish™

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Completely innocent on our part as we meant it in the onomatopoeia sense. How we larfed
    And how they laughed in the restaurant when you visited it the next time, at the thought of what they had put in your grub

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Was once in this Chinese restaurant, having dinner with the neighbours. We ordered loads, drinks loads and were fairly tiddly come the end of the night.

Me and sy02 have this thing where when we toast, we say "chinky, bloody chinky" in a sort of terry Thomas voice, what what!

The manager of the restaurant wanted to show his hospitality as we had spent rather a lot, so at the end of the meal we all got a round of shots for free !!

And sy02 and I toasted in our usual way. Our neighbours froze on the spot and wouldn't join in. Funny we thought.

Then on the way back to the car they explained their problem with us. Using the word "chinky" was getting us some looks.

Completely innocent on our part as we meant it in the onomatopoeia sense. How we larfed
    LOL - you daft racist!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Was once in this Chinese restaurant, having dinner with the neighbours. We ordered loads, drinks loads and were fairly tiddly come the end of the night.

Me and sy02 have this thing where when we toast, we say "chinky, bloody chinky" in a sort of terry Thomas voice, what what!

The manager of the restaurant wanted to show his hospitality as we had spent rather a lot, so at the end of the meal we all got a round of shots for free !!

And sy02 and I toasted in our usual way. Our neighbours froze on the spot and wouldn't join in. Funny we thought.

Then on the way back to the car they explained their problem with us. Using the word "chinky" was getting us some looks.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They're something of a delicacy I hear.
    Mmmmm, paprika-y......

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    It was like having dinner with the Trotters!
    They're something of a delicacy I hear.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Convo with esteemed permie colleague.

Me: so you going to Christmas lunch then Si?
    Si: Yes Suity.

Me: What ya having bud?
    Si: guinea fowl, and quail leg.

Me: I like a nice quail egg.
    Si: NO, QUAIL LEG!

Titter.

I was once in a posh restaraunt with some friends who had brought along some other friends.

The first course was ordered and the friend-of-a-friend chap ordered fish - "Can I have the Turbo please" (as in the turbocharger on a car)

I picked up on this and told him that the 'T' wasn't silent on the fish 'Turbot'

He then went on to order dessert and asked for the Sorbet - stressing the T on the end

It was like having dinner with the Trotters!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Sounds a bit fiddly and boney. I mean quail aren't much larger than pigeons are they? I'd sooner have a turkey leg.
    Smaller than pigeons, normally you'd get one whole as a starter.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Titter.
    Sounds a bit fiddly and boney. I mean quail aren't much larger than pigeons are they? I'd sooner have a turkey leg.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's like the original, only without the ability to deliver a joke.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Convo?

Do you mean convoy, where you walk along line astern?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Four candles

Four candles

Titter.

Working...
X