• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is the grass ever greener...."

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    And for once i'm almost right.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    1) Good people both permies and contractors, interesting technology which has added to my CV and the end client is prestigious. Problem is bad management, both project and man management so those who do take the piss get away with it, main problem is there is no real end in sight, and day to day fire fighting take over everything.

2) February, not sure how I can pad this out to a paragraph so will add some Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut vestibulum luctus neque, et volutpat sapien tristique eu. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Mauris accumsan egestas nulla id lacinia. In lectus diam, pulvinar ac dignissim eu, volutpat ac ipsum. Curabitur aliquet urna vitae felis volutpat blandit ut vel justo. Donec scelerisque quam quis nulla scelerisque scelerisque. Suspendisse eu metus eget quam mattis volutpat id at metus. Donec vitae hendrerit nulla.
    OK so why not just ride it out until Feb, take a month off and then get back in the saddle in April, soaring atop the wave of new budget money like a champion surfer?

And I guess what you mean is, guarantees the next gig will be any better? You can't.

Could you set yourself some personal targets on bringing about change within current client co? Nothing big, just noticeable enough so it keeps you occupied in delivering that change, leaves a legacy so peope will remember you fondly and perhaps makes that company 1 millimetre better?

The world aint perfect, and if it was we'd all be out of a job.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I would expect nothing less.........
    And as usual i'm right.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say clueless project manager mixed with wildly underestimated project.
    I said some of the people I work with are good

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I'm going to take a wild guess
    I would expect nothing less.........

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Its like Cannon and Ball. Remind me again, which one was the funny one???
    Your missus always laugh's at me when I **** her, but then again that might not always be a good thing, but then again she keeps inviting me back.

When you in San Diego next?

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    1) what is so bad about your current gig. Summarise in 1 paragraph, using examples. [50 marks]
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say clueless project manager mixed with wildly underestimated project.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Hard to say. Need more info.

1) what is so bad about your current gig. Summarise in 1 paragraph, using examples. [50 marks]

2) when does your current contract run out? [50 marks]

You have 2hrs.
    1) Good people both permies and contractors, interesting technology which has added to my CV and the end client is prestigious. Problem is bad management, both project and man management so those who do take the piss get away with it, main problem is there is no real end in sight, and day to day fire fighting take over everything.

2) February, not sure how I can pad this out to a paragraph so will add some Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut vestibulum luctus neque, et volutpat sapien tristique eu. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Mauris accumsan egestas nulla id lacinia. In lectus diam, pulvinar ac dignissim eu, volutpat ac ipsum. Curabitur aliquet urna vitae felis volutpat blandit ut vel justo. Donec scelerisque quam quis nulla scelerisque scelerisque. Suspendisse eu metus eget quam mattis volutpat id at metus. Donec vitae hendrerit nulla.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    On a nightmare of a project and getting pimps offering me more money and closer to home.

Someone convince me to stay at honor my contract
    Hard to say. Need more info.

2) when does your current contract run out? [50 marks]

You have 2hrs.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    On a nightmare of a project and getting pimps offering me more money and closer to home.

Someone convince me to stay at honor my contract
    Why?
    Go for the better option and remember it is not really an option until you have a contract in your mitt.
    Once you have that then, and only then, do you have any choice to make.
    At that point check your Give-A-Sh1t meter, and if it is not flickering with guilt over your current gig then jump ship.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Too late you fat ****
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Just the one meal? Are you on a diet
    Its like Cannon and Ball. Remind me again, which one was the funny one???

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Is the grass ever greener....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Diet is what he eats between meals.
    I did wonder why he always went for the Milky Way mcflurry

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Just the one meal? Are you on a diet