• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Worrying Nibiru Precursors"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and I saw on the news that the comet has already crashed

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I think we will be ok

I noticed in Tesco today, the mayonaise use by date was 26/dec

and I saw on the news that the comet has already crashed

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Mayan apocalypse prediction: China detains 100 people for spreading end of the world rumours, as California dashes for the survival bunkers - Asia - World - The Independent

Speaking with the Daily Mail, hi-tech recreational bomb shelter designer Ron Hubbard said: "I'll spend three days underground in the shelter just to be safe…I've sold shelters to astrophysicists who believe there is a possibility that we could be hit with a strong solar flare or large amounts of radiation."

Describing the sales hike, Mr Hubbard added: "We get a lot of people who buy the shelters as a form of insurance for the worst case scenario…We have gone from selling one a month to one a day in the past year since Obama's re-election."

Wouldn't it be fun to start a-banging and a-hollering on the doors on the 21st?* I wonder how long they could be fooled into staying put.

*unless we really DO need to of course.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied

.... hi-tech recreational bomb shelter designer ...."

You never see the best jobs advertised do you? Well done that man.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Mayan apocalypse prediction: China detains 100 people for spreading end of the world rumours, as California dashes for the survival bunkers - Asia - World - The Independent

Speaking with the Daily Mail, hi-tech recreational bomb shelter designer Ron Hubbard said: "I'll spend three days underground in the shelter just to be safe…I've sold shelters to astrophysicists who believe there is a possibility that we could be hit with a strong solar flare or large amounts of radiation."

Describing the sales hike, Mr Hubbard added: "We get a lot of people who buy the shelters as a form of insurance for the worst case scenario…We have gone from selling one a month to one a day in the past year since Obama's re-election."

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Believe me, you don't want that.
    Really? Is it that bad?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    As long as its as cheap as that. I was worried she might want something expensive. Like a divorce.....
    Believe me, you don't want that.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Did you forget the birthday, or just the present? If you remembered her birthday (gave her a card, breakfast in bed, etc), then you can redeem the situation by buying her something massive* on the way home. Going to cost you, but will be worth it.

* Along the lines of a trip to New York
    As long as its as cheap as that. I was worried she might want something expensive. Like a divorce.....

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you delegate responsibility/authority for checking something works, you are the idiot not the testers.
    And where does this chain stop - right at the top with short term cost savings.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    and who do you think does the testing (clue not Mitch)

plenty testing much cheapness
    If you delegate responsibility/authority for checking something works, you are the idiot not the testers.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Did you forget the birthday, or just the present? If you remembered her birthday (gave her a card, breakfast in bed, etc), then you can redeem the situation by buying her something massive* on the way home. Going to cost you, but will be worth it.

* Along the lines of a bunch of flowers from the garage
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    I'm currently hiding in an underground reinforced metal bunker consisting of 26 inches of solid steel with enough food and water to last me 6 months at the moment.

Nothing to do with the Mayan prophecy, I just forgot to get my wife a present for her birthday this morning.....

* Along the lines of a trip to New York

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    I'm currently hiding in an underground reinforced metal bunker consisting of 26 inches of solid steel with enough food and water to last me 6 months at the moment.

Nothing to do with the Mayan prophecy, I just forgot to get my wife a present for her birthday this morning.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you use code without testing it, you're the idiot regardless who wrote the code
    and who do you think does the testing (clue not Mitch)

plenty testing much cheapness

Leave a comment:

Working...
X