• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Footballers are Jessies part 287"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yeah it's scary - you wouldn't want to be near them in the ground even supporting the same team.
    Lots of people were left behind during evolution.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    the look on some of those 'fans' faces was close to complete uncontrolable rage
    Yeah it's scary - you wouldn't want to be near them in the ground even supporting the same team.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have been at pop concerts and seen apples thrown. Six of the best in 1983 - on a freezing October day. 5 support acts. When talk talk came on the crowd had been there 12 hours and were p1ssed off. I bet its not the only time.

Football is very tribal.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    i think they are fu<ktards anyway

if there were not in the ground they would be at the local pub looking for trouble.

I think castration should be used to curb the violent male tendancies

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Football is an odd thing.

It seems to get people worked up into a violent rage and pack behaviour seems to drive normally sane people up into complete f*cktards.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    at pop concerts it is mainly plastic glasses full of pish

but also other things are thrown however they are thrown as part of the whole concert/grunge pit thang.

they are not thrown with the sole intention of maiming another human being who happens to play foot ball in a different coloured shirt than you would like.

I watched the match and the look on some of those 'fans' faces was close to complete uncontrolable rage - 0ver a football match ffs

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    voilence does happen in the lower leagues only last week a linesman was kicked to death in Holland in a youth game ffs

also remeber whether they are highly paid or not the fact is fans go to watch for entertainment - - much like people go to the theatre - are coins thrown at the theatre?

fact is it is not acceptable in a football match or anywhere to thrown anything with the intention of hurting/maiming someone....
    At pop concerts stuff is thrown.

And its not acceptable.

But how do you stop it?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    voilence does happen in the lower leagues only last week a linesman was kicked to death in Holland in a youth game ffs

also remeber whether they are highly paid or not the fact is fans go to watch for entertainment - - much like people go to the theatre - are coins thrown at the theatre?

fact is it is not acceptable in a football match or anywhere to thrown anything with the intention of hurting/maiming someone....

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I said northern, not foreign.
    Insular twunt!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I said northern, not foreign.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I'd say the north-eastern teams all seem quite bad, in fact is this a northern thing?
    Nope!!

Celtic fans win awards.
    Approximately 80,000 Celtic supporters, the largest travelling support in history at that time, made the journey to Seville for the 2003 UEFA Cup Final. The exemplary conduct of the Celtic supporters received widespread praise from the people of Seville (there were no Celtic fans arrested) and the fans were awarded prestigious Fair Play Awards from both FIFA and UEFA "for their extraordinarily loyal and sporting behaviour". FIFA president Sepp Blatter also stated that he believed Celtic fans were the greatest fans in the world when he presented the FIFA Fair Play award at Celtic Park

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I thought maybe jumping in a lake in the middle of night might have permanently knocked out your sense of humour.

You didn't address my question though - what about all the lower-league teams who have perhaps even worse fans, far less security budget and players earning far far less. What is the salary threshold at which having missiles thrown at you becomes acceptable?
    Running fathers4justice committed activist wing knocked out my sense of humour.

The missiles is not acceptable at any level. I just think nets is the wrong solution. And as you say it is more likely to be implemented at the top level where it is less needed.

Does not change my opinion that footballers are jessies.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I thought maybe jumping in a lake in the middle of night might have permanently knocked out your sense of humour.

You didn't address my question though - what about all the lower-league teams who have perhaps even worse fans, far less security budget and players earning far far less. What is the salary threshold at which having missiles thrown at you becomes acceptable?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    BP you seem to have gone a lot more bad tempered the last few weeks. It's hard to tell if you're trolling anymore.

Sorry about that. Its the time of year. I hate the period from Nov 1st until Dec 21st. Once the days start getting longer I will be back to very bad tempered as opposed to

Maybe AtW has the right idea. One month ban from Nov 1st.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Of course I raised £3805 for the church. Which is more than you have ever done for the church. I will be sitting closer to God's right hand than you......
    Hope you picked the right God!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X