• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone A Member Of David Lloyd Gyms?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Me or Bronson, I shaved mine off
    Yours wasn't up to the job

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What about using your moustache for pull-ups?
    Me or Bronson, I shaved mine off

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Maybe that was the towel he was talking about?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I can't say what would be obvious, never having been in that situation.
    Sure you can - you have no equipment (although he does have a towel at times) and little space so how do you get fitter and stronger?

Off the top of my head:

Pressup variations, starting pushing the wall aiming towards single armed pressups.
    Isometics
    Burpees (building up to sets of 100)
    Squats - building towards pistols
    Pullups (using the towel and the bars in the window) - building towards single armed
    Leg levers
    Handstand pressups
    etc.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I can't say what would be obvious, never having been in that situation.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I'm quite tempted to get the book because he seems a fascinating guy actually, but not primarily as a fitness guide!
    Apparently it is a good read because he is simply nuts but any fitness advice he gives is just fairly obvious stuff if you are stuck in a cell and have little equipment.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm quite tempted to get the book because he seems a fascinating guy actually, but not primarily as a fitness guide!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Who would have guessed.
    Ah you had me hook, line and sinker with that - I thought you were serious

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I don't know how mich the gym will be, not asked yet, the £92 quoted by spod was for an upgraded service with "free towels etc"
    Is "free towels" a code-word like "an extra pillow" at a hotel?

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    This guy is a nutjob
    Who would have guessed.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    There's a chain here called McFit which is only €19.90 a month and open 24/7/365. Mind you I don't need a gym as I have a Jane to keep me fit
    There's a chain in cloggers called "fit for free", bit of a misnomer since you still have to pay

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    This guy is a nutjob and his book reflects that. Things like swallowing 10th feet of rope and exercises for lengthening your penis etc.

Buy never gymless, it is far better.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    You think you need to spend £92 to get a gym which isn't falling apart? Unless you get a personal valet to talc your sack, they saw you coming. I'd expect a great gym for half that.
    I don't know how mich the gym will be, not asked yet, the £92 quoted by spod was for an upgraded service with "free towels etc"

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    There's a chain here called McFit which is only €19.90 a month and open 24/7/365. Mind you I don't need a gym as I have a Jane to keep me fit

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You think you need to spend £92 to get a gym which isn't falling apart? Unless you get a personal valet to talc your sack, they saw you coming. I'd expect a great gym for half that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X