• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buying physical gold"

Collapse

• Robinho
    replied
    That guy is so excited

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Gold in the vaults of the Bank of England:

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    Metallium, Inc: Rare, Exotic Metals and Elements for Sale - Price List

This is a more up to date list, do you want me to stir it for you also?
    Kudos for a great link!

Osmium has plummeted in price - 20 years ago pure Osmium was literally in the 100,000s of dollars per ounce, because it is fiendishly difficult (or used to be?) to separate it from Iridium as the two have very similar physical properties.

Maybe my osmium paper weight is a step closer to affordability, although it would need casing inside some inert metal such as gold because it (or the powdered form certainly) spontaneously oxidizes in air, producing a highly toxic gas Osmium Tetroxide. Also, only about 100 Kg is produced worldwide annually.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I made a mistake, in that I quoted your post, I wasn't trying to say anything about your suggestion, I apologise if I offended you in anyway.
    Apology accepted. By the rules of CUK General. I now own you.

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    May I suggest

Marillion Clutching at Straws - YouTube

It may help you to find out why you got your argument about Platinum vs Gold so wrong and how you're trying use some nonsensical argument about French spring water to back up your mistake.
    I made a mistake, in that I quoted your post, I wasn't trying to say anything about your suggestion, I apologise if I offended you in anyway.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Ok, meet you in the middle of the Sahara desert, wait there for 3 days (remember to keep the water for me), then we will see how willing a trader you are then.
    May I suggest

Marillion Clutching at Straws - YouTube

It may help you to find out why you got your argument about Platinum vs Gold so wrong and how you're trying use some nonsensical argument about French spring water to back up your mistake.

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    Did it have a bottle of Evian on the list?!!!

It's a deal. PM me with details for a meet up. I'll bring an Evian (I'll chuck in a bars mar as well) for 10Kg of Gold or Platinum. I'm happy with either.
    Ok, meet you in the middle of the Sahara desert, wait there for 3 days (remember to keep the water for me), then we will see how willing a trader you are then.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I'm thinking more about protecting something against a potential government grab rather than total Mad Max. What I like about bulionvault is they have vaults in UK, US and Zurich so one can effectively move the money around by selling and buying physical and having it stored in different vaults..

That end of Britain report really did get me spooked!
    You should Google "Tim Morgan project Armageddon" he goes into a lot more detail. The chap is global head of research for Tullet Prebon, a financial services company that in their last accounts had a nett worth of £623 million so probably a bit more knowledgeable than the people you find on here.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    If you were in a desert dying of dehydration buy you had 10kg of gold, you would swap them with me for a bottle of cool Evian water. You seem to know the price of everything and value of nothing.
    Did it have a bottle of Evian on the list?!!!

It's a deal. PM me with details for a meet up. I'll bring an Evian (I'll chuck in a bars mar as well) for 10Kg of Gold or Platinum. I'm happy with either.

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    Is you a big thick? If we're talking platinum versus gold, platinum although 15 times rarer than gold is presently cheaper.

I'm more than happy to swap by platinum for your gold if that makes you feel better?
    If you were in a desert dying of dehydration buy you had 10kg of gold, you would swap them with me for a bottle of cool Evian water. You seem to know the price of everything and value of nothing.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Is you a big thick? If we're talking platinum versus gold, platinum although 15 times rarer than gold is presently cheaper.

I'm more than happy to swap by platinum for your gold if that makes you feel better?

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    A link from 2004. You dullard.

Try this.

Let me google that for you

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    A list of the elements with prices.

http://www.element-collection.com/RG...CT04_rev05.pdf
    A link from 2004. You dullard.

Try this.

Let me google that for you

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    Platinum is cheaper than gold.
    A list of the elements with prices.

http://www.element-collection.com/RG...CT04_rev05.pdf

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you're keeping the physical stuff, is gold the best or would something with higher £/Kg be better so you can store it in as small a space as possible? Platinum or rhodium or something?
    Platinum is cheaper than gold.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X