• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Steve Wright

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Steve Wright"

Collapse

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    complete conviction that the listeners are there to listen to (1) Chris Evans' voice (2) music; in that order of priority.
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Probably because they are.
    Oh my God, I hadn't thought of that dreadful possibility

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    What part of having a life means you don't need to travel?
    Why would I use an ipod for that? Do they have teleporters in them now? That Jobs fellow was a smart little ****er wasn't he.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    LBC - radio to shout at!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Or I could just have a life. Oh wait....
    What part of having a life means you don't need to travel?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    So buy an iPod then you arrogant bore!
    Or I could just have a life. Oh wait....

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    The daughter at that impressionable age was heavily influenced by the twat (and how many other impressionable teenagers?).
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So in a way he was practically abusing her by remote control. Why does it always seem to be DJs?
    It quite upset me back in the day. The daughter was a lovely young girl, and we got on well, but she was hooked on the BS the Radio One git DJs spouted.

I was not happy about that

But then again, the whole of the BBC told us all that We must move to London so many years ago.

I Have to wonder about the motivations behind that . young impressionable girls and boys?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I can just about stand radio 4, and music is ok but once they start talking i have to switch off.

Talk radio is the worst. If I wanted to listen to morons with moronic opinions talking utter wank I'd join CUK.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Talk radio is the worst. If I wanted to listen to morons with moronic opinions talking utter wank I'd befriend some simpletons.
    I feel that pain.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...vine-show.html

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I can just about stand radio 4, and music is ok but once they start talking i have to switch off.

Talk radio is the worst. If I wanted to listen to morons with moronic opinions talking utter wank I'd befriend some simpletons.
    So buy an iPod then you arrogant bore!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Bloody chavs. What do you expect if you listen to moronic chav stations? It's got so bad even Radio 4 is dumbed down compared to how it was in the 80s.
    I was listening to woman's hour recently and they had some bint on from towie or something like that who was on to plug her line of onsies.

They were taking the piss out of her and she never quite realised.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I never heard the Wogan show where someone in the room farted just as they were about to go live, "that was the news, I will now hand you over to Terry" nobody could hold it together to speak, think the first 10 minutes was a write off.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Anyway, janey lee grace...

Back in the house so I can get youtube on.

People who proudce that level of tulipe should be nowhere near public service broadcasting.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Talking about the 80s, bring back the Friday Rock Show!
    "Rock radio, into the 90s and beyond"

Always remember that Tommy Vance jingle as it was used on the KLFs chill out album.

I dont think it lasted much into the 90s though.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post

The daughter at that impressionable age was heavily influenced by the twat (and how many other impressionable teenagers?). ...
    So in a way he was practically abusing her by remote control. Why does it always seem to be DJs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X