• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blood sucking lawyers"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Oh no, how will I cope knowing someone doesn't agree with me on a topic I don't really care much about?

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Perhaps. Or people with high sex drives shouldn't join the priesthood.
    People whose will is not stronger than their sex-drives shouldn't join... temptation is acceptable, giving in to it is not.
    Well done OH for showing a spectacular lack of understanding. Do you think most of the men who have sex in prison are gay? There is a massive difference between someone becoming a priest because they want to abuse children, and a priest finding that the frustration of celibacy pushes their desires into more peverted places. You only have to think back to when you were a teenager to know this is the case.

It must really suck to be a pedophile, if we view it as another manifestation of sexuality like hetero/homo.
    I don't know. Maybe all the pedo priests genuinely joined up simply to molest children but that seems a bit too torturous a plan. It seems weird that tough macho men in prison who would have found the concept disgusting outside, like getting it on together.

From a religious angle, priests are also going to be special targets for temptation from the Devil of course.
    Or perhaps being in close proximity to children even develops such tendencies that are not really known before hand.
    As I think you genuinely hold these views and are not trolling I can only conclude you are one fukked up individual.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    In prison, it's a case of 'any port in a storm' i.e. any sex is better than no sex. It's probably also about power/dominance etc. If prisons were mixed, I'm guessing there would be less gay sex.
    Good point. In prison there is almost no gay sex except between homosexuals. All this talk about bubba is just nonsense. The stuff of novels.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Or perhaps being in close proximity to children even develops such tendencies that are not really known before hand.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Early Buddhists had to introduce a law not to have sex with animals. Probably because they couldn't have regular sex with humans..

I think it's a "thou shalt not" issue across any institution that enforces such restrictions. Natural urges probably took over and the nearest alternative fitted the bill - be it choirboys or sheep..

I also believe that said instiutions should have dealt with it better - and dare I say not cause the problem in the fist place by instilling guilt and shame on a natural act that as animals we can do nothing about.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I don't know. Maybe all the pedo priests genuinely joined up simply to molest children but that seems a bit too torturous a plan. It seems weird that tough macho men in prison who would have found the concept disgusting outside, like getting it on together.

From a religious angle, priests are also going to be special targets for temptation from the Devil of course.
    In prison, it's a case of 'any port in a storm' i.e. any sex is better than no sex. It's probably also about power/dominance etc. If prisons were mixed, I'm guessing there would be less gay sex. If children were the only option available to priests, then that argument might hold some weight, but a priest has the same range of opportunity as anyone else, including the option to pay for it.

There is of course a third option -
    Men who fancy children and are disgusted with themselves are more likely join the priesthood specifically because it is somewhere that sex is forbidden so they see it as a safe haven.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Do you really think this? It seems a very strange argument to me. A normal man starts fancying children when deprived of sex?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    With regards to the lawyers involved in both sides of this, they probably met up in private, worked out between them how much they'd make from the case and took it from there. In fact they probably added that meeting to the bill the cheeky bastards.

Looks like the Judge gave 'em a smartening.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    There is a massive difference between someone becoming a priest because they want to abuse children, and a priest finding that the frustration of celibacy pushes their desires into more peverted places.
    Do you really think this? It seems a very strange argument to me. A normal man starts fancying children when deprived of sex?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    OH has a working knowledge of everything; at least, in his opinion, for what that's worth.

Common sense = the ignorance of the masses.
    In his opinion, it's worth quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    OH has a working knowledge of everything; at least, in his opinion, for what that's worth.

Common sense = the ignorance of the masses.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Ah, you're an armchair expert on women and psychology as well as religion and sexuality.
    Nah, it's common sense for most people mate

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Oh dear, you really haven't got a clue have you. Possiblly one of the most powerful people in the community, absolutely out of reach, supposedly. He'd make women hornier than most known aphrodisiacs
    Ah, you're an armchair expert on women and psychology as well as religion and sexuality.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am so pleased I never got any worse than gimp masks.
    What about your Batman outfit and handcuffs - don't tell me it was just for F4J

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Yes of course, a priest has his pick of the congregation. All the women love a man of the cloth.
    Oh dear, you really haven't got a clue have you. Possiblly one of the most powerful people in the community, absolutely out of reach, supposedly. He'd make women hornier than most known aphrodisiacs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X